How to: Use games to choose winners
- The generation game. Hill, David // Public Finance;6/10/94, p22
Describes the participation of students in a management game for local schools in Great Britain staged by Newark and Sherwood District Council. Details of the game; Introduction of the schemes of the members of the team; Forceful logic and aggressive bargaining in the game.
- Birmingham Students' Business Game. // Accountancy;Nov70, Vol. 81 Issue 927, p800
Reports on a business game organized by accounting students belonging to England's Birmingham Students' Society. Rules of the game; Manufacturing and marketing of an unspecified consumer product with the object of maximizing profits; Tactics employed by the surviving and winning teams.
- The Development and Validation of a Self-Report Scored In-Basket Test in an Assessment Center Setting. Kesselman, Gerald A; Lopez, Felix M.; Lopez, Felix E. // Public Personnel Management;Fall82, Vol. 11 Issue 3, p228
Focuses on the plan of the personnel selection specialist to use job simulation in predicting managerial performance. Application of management games in the assessment center; Study on the behavior of the executives; Effectiveness of job simulation.
- Scenario playing for critical success factor analysis. Barat, Janos // Journal of Information Technology (Routledge, Ltd.);Mar1992, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p12
This paper presents a structured method, based on practical experience, to derive critical success factors using a business game called ï¿½scenario playingï¿½. It aims to show why this method is superior to other well-known focusing techniques or group evaluation methods. The scenario...
- THE VERSATILE BUSINESS GAME: Its Growing Use in Industry. Carlson, Elliot // Management Review;Sep66, Vol. 55 Issue 9, p45
Reports on the increasing popularity of business games. Custom-made games gaining favor with companies and labor unions; Uses.
- The Effectiveness Of Business Games In Management Training. Schriesheim, Janet F.; Schriesheim, Chester A. // Training & Development Journal;May74, Vol. 28 Issue 5, p14
Discusses the increasing use of business games since their development and introduction as a management training device in the late 1950s. Claims most commonly made concerning what business games do; Ways in which the benefits of business gaming have become accepted without sufficient...
- The Motivation Of Business Game Participants. Schriescheim, Chester A.; Yaney, Joseph P. // Training & Development Journal;Aug75, Vol. 29 Issue 8, p11
Examines how business games motivate participating employees. Lack of empirical evidence supporting motivational difference; Cognitive and performance skills; Interactive learning environment.
- Dutch Journal Announces a Competition. // Accountancy;Sep67, Vol. 78 Issue 889, p577
Reports that the 'Journal of Accountancy & Business Economics' has launched a competition in which competitors are required to devise a management game based on the economic problems of companies. Mechanics of the competition.
- Games People Play. J.F. // Accountancy;Apr1970, Vol. 81 Issue 920, p308
Examines key issues and developments relevant to business games and accounting. Objectives of business games; Techniques for business games; Factors influencing the conduct of business games.