Make a difference by doing IT better
- You've got to hand it to them. Lewis, Andrew // People Management;9/28/2000, Vol. 6 Issue 19, p47
Contends that line managers can gain significant advantages by trusting their employees to use self-service human resources information systems called employee self-service (ESS). Transactions that employees can perform by using an intranet ESS; Barriers to implementing the ESS.
- Running a great IS department. // InfoWorld;04/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 16, pS3
Presents the results of a survey on the best methods to create a successful information systems (IS) organization. IS and the corporate mission; Ways to improve one's help desk; Systems stability; Desktop adequacy. INSETS: Survey methodology.;The measure of success...;The value of...
- Putting together the perfect team. Steen, Margaret // InfoWorld;04/20/98, Vol. 20 Issue 16, pS21
Offers advice on how to create the perfect information systems (IS) staff. Recruitment of top-notch IS staff; Low-cost benefits that help retain staff; Importance of maintaining flexibility throughout the hiring process.
- HRMS made easy. Behr, Alyson // InfoWorld;4/7/2003, Vol. 25 Issue 14, p30
Reviews the Employease eHR and Peopleclick online human resource management systems. Cost; Platforms; Applications.
- Human Resource Management in the Caribbean: Planning for the Future. Isaacs, Hedy // Public Personnel Management;Summer89, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p227
Reports on the efficacy of human resource management in public service. Details on the management of information resource; Establishment of information systems that support planning efforts; Attention given to information systems.
- Status of Human Resource Management in Degree College Libraries of Allahabad City: A Survey. Kumar, Devendra; Siddiqui, Jamal Ahmad // Indian Journal of Library & Information Science;Sep2010, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p271
The present study conducted on degree college libraries of Allahabad City to explore the extent of Human Resource Management (HRM) usually practiced by them. This study is an attempt to identify the present status of human resource management pattern along with services provided by college...
- A breath of fresh air. Carrington, Lucie // People Management;6/14/2007, Vol. 13 Issue 12, p26
The article provides information on a human resource (HR) information system (HRIS) project at Airbus in 2007. Over the past four years, the HR team has steadily introduced a single SAP system into Airbus as a way to develop a common set of HR policies and practices across the firm's business...
- Shifting to an HRD Systems Approach. Knowles, Malcolm S. // Training & Development Journal;May85, Vol. 39 Issue 5, p24
Focuses on the growing responsibility of human resource development (HRD) professionals to manage learning resources. Reasons for shift in HRD functions; Assessment of workgroups' learning needs; Integration of HRD with operating functions.
- Upcoming. // HR Magazine;Sep2009, Vol. 54 Issue 9, p118
A calendar of events related to human resource management to be held across the U.S. in 2009 is presented including the PHR/SPHR Certification Preparation Course in Atlanta, Georgia from September 21 to 23, HR in Alignment: Aligning HR Strategy to Organizational Strategy for Business Results in...