Recruiters face up to the moral imperative
- Toy `R' Us recruits grads with games. Frazee, Valerie // Workforce;Aug97 Supplement Staffing, Vol. 76, p7
Discusses innovative methods on how various companies recruit qualified job candidates. Comments of Derek White, vice president of Market Source Corporation, on job recruitment at top schools; Touring event developed for Paramus, New Jersey-based Toys `R' Us Incorporated as one example of...
- Survey identifies staffing trends. Frazee, Valerie // Workforce;Aug97 Supplement Staffing, Vol. 76, p9
Discusses trends that emerge among staffing service companies. Ways on how companies stays competitive; How the trend of consolidation in the industry has increased; Staffing needs offered by one-stop shopping trend among staffing services companies.
- Recruitment and selection. // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p11
Presents news on recruitment and selections of employees in Great Britain. Launching of a scheme in Wales that will find work for long term unemployed people; Launching by British Psychological Society of a standard of competence to govern the selection and administration of personality tests;...
- Recruitment and selection. // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p9
Presents news about recruitment and selection of employees in Great Britain. Denial by Barclays Bank on allegations that they plan to recruit schoolchildren for work; Bid by South Yorkshire on an economic regeneration program; Survey on firms wanting young people to work for them; Increase in...
- Recruitment and selection. // People Management;9/7/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p11
Focuses on recruitment and selection of employees in Great Britain. Job interview of Potential Sainsbury's managers at one of London's trendiest nightspots; Job searching of nursing students; Job-search strategies of unemployed executives.
- Recruitment and selection. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p12
Focuses on news concerning the recruitment and selection of employees in the United Kingdom. Number of assembly-line jobs being created by motor manufacturer Nissan; Geneticist who call to limit the use of genetic testing by recruiters; Rise in the volume of recruitment advertising.
- Recruitment and selection. // People Management;07/25/96, Vol. 2 Issue 15, p6
Reports on employee recruitment developments and updates in Great Britain. Report on the career trends of graduates and the jobs they get after graduation; Details on the Korean LG group's investment in South Wales that is expected to create jobs; Information on The Guardian's dominance of job...
- Recruitment. // People Management;03/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p16
Presents news concerning recruitment of employees in Britain. Recruiting undergraduates for an international program; Recruitment for telephone call centers; Need for revamp on London Fire Brigade recruiting procedures.
- Keep an open mind on selecting for innovation. Fletcher, Clive // People Management;03/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p55
Advices on how to spot innovators, but suggests that organizations need to ask whether they really have a place for them. What an innovative person is; Techniques for identifying an innovative person; Approaches to assessing innovativeness. INSET: Psychometric tests for innovation..
- Image is all at job fairs. // People Management;07/24/97, Vol. 3 Issue 15, p17
Reports on the system of applicant selection in job fairs which potentially affects promising applicants.