Asian BR staff claim driving test victory
- European funding for local projects... // Public Finance;10/14/94, p3
Reports that European funding for local projects can weaken local control, according to a report for the Commission for Local Democracy.
- Legislation won't end discrimination at work. Pitcher, George // Marketing Week;5/16/2002, Vol. 25 Issue 20, p31
Focuses on the anti-racial discrimination and inequality campaign of the Commission for Racial Equality in Great Britain. Authority of the agency to enforce anti-discrimination regulation; Variation of the labor standards; Increase of racial tensions and discord.
- Discrimination warning. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p11
Reports on Great Britain's Commission for Racial Equality's views on tackling racial inequalities in employment.
- Herman Ouseley. // New Statesman & Society;2/3/95, Vol. 8 Issue 338, p27
Interviews Herman Ouseley, chairman of Great Britain's Commission of Racial Equality. Film, book, play, poem and song that influenced his life; Political figures admired; Threats to freedom and liberty; Books and authors that shaped his political belief.
- Roots of racism. Ouseley, Herman // Public Finance;01/28/2000, p4
Comments on discrimination and racism in Great Britain. Factors that contribute to racial discrimination in the country; Efforts of the Commission for Racial Equality to eliminate discrimination and racism; Media debate on the issue.
- CRE to investigate training contracts. // Accountancy;Dec1985, Vol. 96 Issue 1108, p4
Reports that the British Commission for Racial Equality is conducting a formal investigation into training contracts within the chartered accountancy profession in 1985. Establishment of a base line of practice; Existence of racism within the profession.
- The CRE urges Prison Service to think again. // Personnel Today;7/24/2007, p22
The article reports that the Commission for Racial Equality (CRE) has urged Great Britain's Prison Service to rethink its decision to relocate some of its job from Corby, England. The Prison Service had earlier decided to shift some of its job from Leicester, England. The CRE has raised concerns...
- Equality makes good business sense, says CRE. MacLachlan, Rob // People Management;01/26/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p9
Shares the efforts of Commission for Racial Equality (CRE) for equal opportunities at work. Number of alleged unlawful racial discrimination at work reported; Basis of the employer standard on equal opportunities; Reasons for companies in adopting action plans for equal opportunities at work.
- Equality proves hard target for the army. Welch, Jilly // People Management;8/28/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 17, p9
Reports on the efforts of the British Army to improve its record in the treatment of ethnic minority personnel in time to pass an inspection by the British Commission for Racial Equality in September 1997. Claim of isolated incidents of racial discrimination by the army; Plans for a national...