- Inside knowledge. Summerfield, Jenny // People Management;02/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p38
Describes the experiences of a number of organizations that set up their own centers for counselling redundant employees in Britain. Discussion on outplacement agencies and in-house outplacement; How the external work helps to offset the costs of the centrally funded unit; Consultants who are...
- The 8 myths of outplacement in Asia. Stratford, David // Asian Business Review;Dec96, p67
Describes the so-called myths relating to outplacement in Asia. Irrelevance of outplacement in Asia's tiger economies; Concerns of Asian executives with perceived loss of face through being unemployed; Attitudes of Asian executives towards outplacement.
- One-stop shopping. Dykman, Ann // Vocational Education Journal;Nov/Dec95, Vol. 70 Issue 8, p34
Focuses on the usefulness of Maryland's Professional Outplacement Assistance Center (POAC) in offering counseling and employment services for youths and adults. Maryland as one of the recipients of federal grants from the Department of Labor to implement `one-stop career centers'; Basic...
- How to work with an outplacement firm. Fetridge, Guild // Westchester County Business Journal;12/19/94, Vol. 33 Issue 51, p13
Explains the job of outplacement firms. Need for outplacement firms to enable organizations to deal with separating people humanely by helping them find a new job and teaching them skills they would need in the new job; Possibility for an outplacement to provide mediocre services due to the...
- When and How To Use Outplacement. Gelb, Betsy D. // Business Horizons;Sep/Oct86, Vol. 29 Issue 5, p55
Provides tips in the application of outplacement services. Relevance of outplacement services on corporate executives; Need to understand the process involved in outplacement services; Reasons for the purchase of outplacement.
- Selecting an outplacement consultant. Macdougall, Neil // CMA Magazine;Mar1990, Vol. 64 Issue 2, p30
Presents tips for supervisors in selecting an outplacement consultant. Importance of the consultant's experience; Programs in individual counseling; Initial training of consultant; Knowledge of consultant in the job market.
- Types of out-placement assistance employers provide. Laabs, Jennifer J. // Personnel Journal;Oct93, Vol. 72 Issue 10, p18
Reports on the results of a study on outplacement services, called `Employer Experience in Work Force Reductions.' Conducted by Hewitt Associates; Responses of exempt and nonexempt employees; Counseling services; Support services; Trainings and seminars.
- Army centralizes outplacement. Harvey, Susan J. // Personnel Journal;May94, Vol. 73 Issue 5, p115
Discusses the Army Career and Alumni Program created by the United States Total Army Personnel Command. Program coordinated by the Transition Assistance Office and the Job Assistance Center (JAC); Partnership of the Army and employers in the JAC program; Benefits of the program.
- Performance-based fees can improve consultant's work. Ross, Jim // HRMagazine;Jul95, Vol. 40 Issue 7, p66
Focuses on the use of outplacement services for recruiting employees. Withholding part of the retainer as a bonus for a job well done to motivate the outplacement firm to give the best results possible; How the performance-based system works; Ensuring long-term commitment.