Tesco workers check out training scheme
- Tesco workers check out training scheme. Littlefield, David // People Management;07/27/95, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p5
Focuses on an experiment with training vouchers for head office personnel at Tesco which led to an `explosion' of training at supermarket chain. Advantage of scheme to staff; How training schemes are given a credit value; Learning options which staff are encouraged to spend credits.
- Tesco adds new IT centre. // Employee Benefits;Jul2003, p08
Reports on Tesco PLC's opening of a second staff learning center in Milton Keynes, England.
- TESCO PUTS ITS NEW RECRUITS IN THE PICTURE. // Training Magazine;Apr2003, p32
Explains the novel approach taken by Tesco PLC on its stores to ensure its staff learned and understood the company values. Description of the ChangeMap concept used as an induction tool for recruits; Comments from Judith Nelson, head of stores human resources at Tesco; Reason behind the...
- Tesco targets young guns as potential store chiefs. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;10/21/2003, p14
Supermarket chain Tesco PLC has launched an innovative graduate scheme to attract more youngsters and to enable it to grow and develop its own managers from an early age. The Debut Club programme is designed for the 30,000 students currently working at the firm, but will also be available in a...
- Tesco Values Employee Loyalty, Too. Garry, Michael // SN: Supermarket News;1/25/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 4, p70
The article reports on the effort of Tesco PLC to retain employees in the U.S. It has established employee training programs for those who desires to be promoted to a higher position. According to Terry Leahy, chief executive officer (CEO) of Tesco, the firm has also unveiled a steering wheel...
- How I got where I am today. Stevens, Michelle // People Management;3/25/2010, p44
An interview with RSA Insurance Group human resources (HR) director, Orlagh Hunt, is presented. When asked about her career highlights, Hunt replies that she decided to enter a career in HR because she enjoyed training people and bringing out the best in them. She relates that working at Tesco...
- The force of a Jedi Council. Lewis, Elen // Brand Strategy;May2004, Issue 182, p24
Focuses on the emphasis placed by several large corporations on developing marketing capability. Contribution of brand building to business growth; Amount invested by Diageo PLC for training marketers; Plan of Tesco PLC to ensure the instilling retailer's culture in marketing. INSET: KEY LEARNINGS.
- IN BRIEF. // Training Magazine;Jan2005, p4
Presents an update on employee training in Great Britain as of January 2005. Service industries that are experiencing skills gaps in their workforce according to People 1st, the Sector Skills Council; Recognition given to members of the West Midlands Police for their management and leadership...
- How training and development supports business growth. // Times 100 Case Studies;2014, p1
The article presents a case study of the role of training and development to the growth of a business, focusing on the case of British grocery retailer Tesco PLC. An overview of the company, which has expanded by acquisition and by adapting to the needs of consumers, is given. It explores the...