- Conference round-up. // People Management;07/27/95, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p14
Provides information on several news from Tec National Council in Great Britain. Code of good practice for local accountability scheme; Survey on the number of trainings and absenteeism among employees in United Kingdom; Criticism on the government's commitment to the National Vocational...
- WORKFORCE DEVELOPMENT AND EMPLOYMENT RELATIONS. Leggett, Chris // Employment Relations Record;2013, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p2
New technologies and new forms of work organisation have prompted the adoption by corporate, national, regional and international policy makers and influencers of a broader concept of skills formation than that evoked by 'vocational education and training'. The scope of 'workforce development',...
- Merger creates `once in a lifetime opportunity' Littlefield, David // People Management;07/27/95, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p14
Provides information on the topics discussed in Tec National Council conference in 1995. Merger of education and the employment departments; Description of the proposed structure of another training policy; Training reforms proposal of Christopher Ball of Tec learning department.
- The dual system of vocational education in the Federal Republic of Germany. Kutscha, Gunther // European Education;Summer96, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p49
Focuses on the dual system of vocational education in Germany. Defects of the system; Recommendation for the establishment of structural changes in the system; Future of the vocational training system.
- Companies need to account for continual training. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;09/30/96, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p10
Opinion. States that companies should offer continual training, because jobs will always be changing, particularly technology. Need for continual education; How important education will become.
- Rockland BOCES learns 'skills' of Orange-Ulster. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/21/99-06/28/99, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p3
Reports that Rockland and Orange-Ulster BOCES have formed an alliance aimed at seeing the Rockland, New York-based vocational agency open a shopping center-based school for underemployed adults and high school students. Possible sites for the project; Number of adults served by BOCES every...
- Job training program sets its sights on construction. Russell // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/15/99, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p18
Focuses on the New Orleans Jobs Initiative (NOJI), a job training program in Louisiana. Financial support from Annie E. Casey Foundation; Role of NOJI in preparing low income people for jobs that support a family; Difficulties encountered by participants; Plans to add training in the health...
- TRAINING COURSES. // Commercial Motor;9/18/2008, Vol. 208 Issue 5298, p33
A list of courses for drivers and managers including training on managing O-license, reading digitach solutions and tacho fitter is presented.
- IfL comments on OECD review of vocational education and training. // Basic Skills Bulletin;9/30/2013, Issue 134, p3
The article focuses on the response of the Institute for Learning (IfL) to the review on the status of post-secondary vocational education and training programs in countries under the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).