- Survey shock. // People Management;7/27/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p29
Discusses the results of Institute of Personnel and Development survey on workplace violence. Percentage of men and women workers who had personally experienced workplace violence; Violence between employees; Violence between employers and employees.
- Measuring work: The vital statistics. Armstrong, Michael // People Management;9/21/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 19, p34
Discusses the findings of the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) survey of organization regarding job evaluations. Reason why job evaluation continue to flourish in one form or another; What organizations think of the traditional approaches in job evaluation; Conclusion derived from...
- Americans: More Gun Control, But Work Violence Worries Remain. Zalud, Bill // SDM: Security Distributing & Marketing;Apr2000, Vol. 30 Issue 5, p116
Focuses on the results of a poll of Americans on their support of more handgun controls in the United States. Concerns raised about workplace violence; Child-safety locks; Background checks at gun shows; Ban of importation of large ammunition clips.
- Survey discloses harassment of men at work. Merrick, Neil // People Management;3/9/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 5, p10
Presents results of the survey conducted by the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) on sexual harassment against men in the workplace and silver screen. Issue of sexual harassment by women in the Holywood movie `Disclosure'; Percentage of men and women who were aware of the incidents...
- Job satisfaction rises as workers 'grin and bear it.'. Brockett, James // People Management;5/7/2009, Vol. 15 Issue 10, p9
The article discusses a Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) Employee Outlook poll of 3,000 individuals which reveals an increase in job satisfaction in 2009, up 26 percentage points from a similar survey in 2006.
- What you thought. // Workforce (10928332);Jun98, Vol. 77 Issue 6, p23
Provides information on a survey by `Workforce' journal on human resource professionals. Findings on the views of HR professionals on backlash from workers caused by companies' diversity efforts; Questions regarding workplace violence.
- No pipe dream. Sloman, Martyn // People Management;11/25/2004, Vol. 10 Issue 23, p38
The article focuses on the results of a poll about electronic-learning (e-learning) conducted by Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD). It tackles how the company B&Q embedded e-learning in its operating practices. Compact disc-read only memories (CD-ROMs) remain to be the most...
- Online poll. // Human Resources (09648380);May2008, p7
The article presents an online poll on the impact of signing the skills pledge to the skill crisis in Great Britain. According to the author, Chartered Institute of Personnel and Development (CIPD) has stated that there are only 13% of the organizations have signed the skills pledge. Meanwhile,...
- HR failing to capitalise on technology. Whitehead, Mark // People Management;6/11/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 12, p17
Focuses on a survey by the Institute for Employment Studies (IES) and the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) in 1998 on the use of personnel information systems. Results of the survey; Percentage of companies with web sites; Comments from Dilys Robinson of the IES.