Employers in the crossfire
- Employers in the crossfire. Aikins, Olga // People Management;07/27/95, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p29
Explains employers' legal duty to provide a safe working environment. Information about the cases filed by employees against employers; Liability of employers on pay damages for employees' injury.
- Accidents will happen, but who's to blame? Aikin, Olga // People Management;03/20/97, Vol. 3 Issue 6, p46
Part II. Discusses where responsibility lies for accidents in the workplace and presentation of various cases where in the companies are liable to the accident. Information on Health and Safety at Work Act; R versus Gateway Foodmarkets Limited; Presentation of reasonable practicable steps in...
- Employer liability for employee emotional distress claims. Walter, Robert J.; Sleeper, Bradley J. // Review of Business;Winter97, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p5
Examines various aspects of employer liability associated with employee emotional distress claims. Why employees and former employees are often successful with law suits against employers; Description of emotional distress suits and discrimination suits; Requirements for an emotional distress...
- Employer liability reform. Aldred, Carolyn // Business Insurance;3/6/95, Vol. 29 Issue 10, p31
Reports on the call made by risk managers in Great Britain for reform of the nation's laws on employers liability. Opinion of attendees at the Association of Insurance & Risk Managers in Industry & Commerce's 1995 conference; Support for possible adoption of no-fault liability and claims-made...
- Oops! There goes another one. // Personnel Today;4/1/2003, p44
No abstract available.
- Knowledge best weapon against employee suits. Hlavaty, Joel // Crain's Cleveland Business;10/14/96, Vol. 17 Issue 42, p26
Provides information on how small business owners can best manage employee lawsuits. Unreliability of a individual's at-will status as protection against legal action; Expansion of protections afforded to employees; Risks of litigation; Individual liability of supervisors.
- U.K. employers liability costs to rise. Goddard, Sarah // Business Insurance;12/23/96, Vol. 30 Issue 52, p43
Reports that employers liability premiums in the United Kingdom will increase in 1997 because of a higher premium tax rate that goes into effect in April, and other legislation that could be passed in 1997. Percentage increase in insurance premium tax; Information on the Social Security Bill;...
- Costs not covered by work comp ail employers. Fletcher, Meg // Business Insurance;02/03/97, Vol. 31 Issue 5, p1
Reports that Illinois workers injured on the job can be held liable for some medical treatment fees. Why this is made possible; Impact of this action on the employer's relationship with employee; Other states where that practice is banned; Problems relating to balance-billing; What experts say;...
- Are you at risk? // Caribbean Business;9/18/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 37, p41
Presents a number of questions for companies to assess their risk level for certain liabilities against employees. What ten or more affirmative answers mean; Number of areas in which exposure may place the financial well-being of your company at risk; Information provided on federal, state and...