A summer holiday action plan for Mrs Shepherd
- A summer holiday action plan for Mrs Shepherd. Holland, Geoffrey // People Management;07/27/95, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p21
Argues that Great Britain's Department for Education and Employment (DEE) must seize the opportunity to integrate academic and vocational training. Areas of responsibility of DEE; Main tasks in providing an opportunity to integrate academic and vocational training.
- Price of skills shortages is higher than oil. // Works Management;Feb2006, Vol. 59 Issue 2, p8
The article reports on the finding by the British Department of Education and Skills that companies consider skills shortages as more threatening than high oil prices and other problems. Sixty percent of employers surveyed said that they support vocational training and 90 percent of them believe...
- Training framework may lead to vocational GCSEs. // Professional Engineering;01/31/2001, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p7
Reports that Great Britain Department of Education and Employment Secretary David Blunkett has introduced a new framework of vocational training for young people. Federal agency's optimism that increasing the number of vocational options would help young people develop technical skills; Total...
- The university of work. // Training & Coaching Today;Feb2006, p5
This article reports on a letter issued by British Education Secretary Ruth Kelly to the Higher Education Funding Council for England as of February 2006. She said that universities will be given more money if they develop courses with employers. This could lead to the accreditation of in-house...
- Shake-up inspires new state of mind. Bichard, Michael // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p22
Explains how the permanent secretaries of the British education and employment departments took advantage of the merger between their departments to overhaul existing systems and instigate change. Aspects of the merger which made it extraordinary; Shift in the focus of work brought about by the...
- Pointing the way forward. Thatcher, Mike // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p24
Presents the view of David Normington, former director of personnel and development at the Employment Department on the merger of Employment and Education Department. Effects of media coverage on the issue; Plans for employee streamlining; Signs of development in the department.
- Political slaughter or necessary sacrifice? Overell, Stephen // People Management;03/07/96, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p6
Presents the different reactions on the death of the House of Commons employment committee. Significance and implication of the move; Account on the Department of Education and Employment as an official committee; Failures of the committee. INSET: The committee's legacy...
- Mentoring on Tyneside. // People Management;11/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 22, p17
Reports on Great Britain's Department of Education and Employment's financial grant to Tyneside Tec for the two-year development of a vocational curriculum for schoolchildren in Tyneside, England.
- Graduate apprentices. // People Management;2/5/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 3, p17
Reports on the British Department of for Education and Employment's feasibility study into a graduate apprenticeship program for people at university.