Merger creates `once in a lifetime opportunity'
- The dual system of vocational education in the Federal Republic of Germany. Kutscha, Gunther // European Education;Summer96, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p49
Focuses on the dual system of vocational education in Germany. Defects of the system; Recommendation for the establishment of structural changes in the system; Future of the vocational training system.
- Companies need to account for continual training. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;09/30/96, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p10
Opinion. States that companies should offer continual training, because jobs will always be changing, particularly technology. Need for continual education; How important education will become.
- Rockland BOCES learns 'skills' of Orange-Ulster. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/21/99-06/28/99, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p3
Reports that Rockland and Orange-Ulster BOCES have formed an alliance aimed at seeing the Rockland, New York-based vocational agency open a shopping center-based school for underemployed adults and high school students. Possible sites for the project; Number of adults served by BOCES every...
- Job training program sets its sights on construction. Russell // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/15/99, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p18
Focuses on the New Orleans Jobs Initiative (NOJI), a job training program in Louisiana. Financial support from Annie E. Casey Foundation; Role of NOJI in preparing low income people for jobs that support a family; Difficulties encountered by participants; Plans to add training in the health...
- TRAINING COURSES. // Commercial Motor;9/18/2008, Vol. 208 Issue 5298, p33
A list of courses for drivers and managers including training on managing O-license, reading digitach solutions and tacho fitter is presented.
- IfL comments on OECD review of vocational education and training. // Basic Skills Bulletin;9/30/2013, Issue 134, p3
The article focuses on the response of the Institute for Learning (IfL) to the review on the status of post-secondary vocational education and training programs in countries under the Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development (OECD).
- Training Those Who Design Training Programs. Hamilton, Jack A. // Training & Development Journal;Jul82, Vol. 36 Issue 7, p36
Summarizes the instructional modules comprising occupational educational programs. Vocational needs assessment and curriculum development; Development of instructional objectives; Selection of instructional strategies; Assessment of student achievement.
- Davis Applied Technology Center places about 95 percent of its students in occupations for which they were trained. McKinzie, B. // Enterprise/Salt Lake City;10/05/98, Vol. 28 Issue 15, p5
Focuses on the vocational training program of the Davis Applied Technology Center in Utah. Establishment of an advisory committee composed of representatives from various industries; Employment of students in occupations for which they were trained; Details on the training process;...
- BITE-SIZED LEARNINGâ€¦. // Personnel Today;4/3/2007, p3
The article reports that Hamburg, Germany's Vocational School for Gastronomy and Nutrition has introduced a new course in doner kebab production. The course is part of a government initiative in Germany to encourage young immigrants to get professional training and improve their chances of...