Setting matters straight on part-timers' pension rights
- Setting matters straight on part-timers' pension rights. Davies, Ian // People Management;07/27/95, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p43
Examines the legislation in United Kingdom concerning part-time workers' rights to pension scheme membership. Limitations of the legislation; Clarification regarding the declaration of European Court of Justice on sex discrimination among part-timers.
- Payouts for part-timers. // People Management;1/8/1998, Vol. 4 Issue 1, p12
Reports on British employers' concerns about a ruling from the European Court of Justice on the pension rights of part-time wokers.
- Enterprise bargaining and part-time employment. Blake, Nick // Australian Nursing Journal;Nov96, Vol. 4 Issue 5, p27
Reports on the Federal Government's plan to deregulate part-time employment in Australia. Consistency of part-time employment with general trends across the work force; Role of enterprise bargaining; Ensuring job security among nurses.
- Part-time pensions limited. Goddard, Sarah // Business Insurance;12/11/95, Vol. 29 Issue 50, p39
Reports on a ruling that limits the amount of pension benefits taht part-time workers can claim. Ruling from European Court of Justice; positive response from the occupational pension fund managers; Information from the Trades Union Congress; Statement from the tribunal; What will the tribunal...
- Equality at last-or is it? Watson, Mark // Management Accounting: Magazine for Chartered Management Account;Jul/Aug95, Vol. 73 Issue 7, p47
Looks at the British government's efforts to protect part-time workers in Great Britain. Employment Protection Act; Equal rights for part-time and full-time workers; Rulings on litigation brought about by part-time employees; Potential problem area.
- Europe: Full rights for part-time workers. // Women's International Network News;Autumn97, Vol. 23 Issue 4, p59
Focuses on the approval of measures granting full rights to part-time workers in European countries. Grant of privileges to part-time laborers similar to those received by their full-time counterparts; Extension of part-time work to all levels of the enterprise; Establishment of the principle...
- A rush job. Percival-Straunik, Lindsay // Director (00123242);Jun2000, Vol. 53 Issue 11, p25
Focuses on the part-time employment policy of Great Britain and its impact on businesses. Information on the European Union's directive on part-time work; Main problem of implementing the British part-time employment policy; Remarks on the policy.
- ECJ takes cautious line over part-time employees' rights. McMullen, John // People Management;7/13/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 14, p45
Provides information on the ruling of the European Court of Justice giving favor to the rights of part-time employees. Information on the role of related court cases on the ruling; Laws for part-time employees protection; Arguments made by several employers on the ruling.
- Part timers entitled to employment rights. // Accountancy;Jan1990, Vol. 105 Issue 1157, p50
Reports on the case 'Rinner-Kuhn v. FWW Spezial Gebaudereinigung GmbH & Co. KG' about the employment rights of part-timers. Details of the case; Decision of the European Court; Implications for British employers and British law.