Can you put a price tag on your people?
- HR is missing in mergers and acquisitions. Boles, Margaret; Sunoo, Brenda Paik // Workforce;Jan1998, Vol. 77, p22
Reveals that companies' human resources departments in the United States are frequently not consulted during the early stages of mergers and acquisitions. Prioritizing of financial and marketing concerns.
- Due Diligence: The Devil in the Details. Greengard, Samuel // Workforce (10928332);Oct99, Vol. 78 Issue 10, p68
Discusses the role of human resources in the due diligence process during mergers and acquisitions. Identification of personnel critical to the transaction; Financial and legal side of the transaction; Cultural clash during mergers; Examples of due diligence process in several mergers and...
- Can you put a price tag on your people? Stevens, John // People Management;2/22/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p55
Analyzes the value of the organization's investment on people management during mergers or acquisitions. Decisions about people management through the track records and financial results; Effects of overlooking cultural and people management aspects of business; How should the people be valued.
- Early communication on benefits is vital to smooth mergers. McCulley, Russell // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);06/28/99, Vol. 19 Issue 52, p21
Focuses on the need for merging companies to ease the transition for employees caught in a merger. Discussion of employee benefits early in negotiations; Potential costs of retirement plans.
- Twin piques. Edwards, Tony; Rees, Chris // People Management;6/13/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 12, p38
Reports on a study on handling people management in mergers and acquisitions as of June 2002. Approaches of companies in handling personal issues in mergers and acquisitions; Ways in which human resource can benefit from the politics of mergers and acquisitions; Implication of the findings from...
- Remember people when planning a merger. Orbaugh, Tim // Indianapolis Business Journal;5/29/95, Vol. 16 Issue 9, p14B
Advises companies on the management of employees in the event of mergers and acquisitions. Planning process for human resources; Decline in morale following mergers; Impact of employee issues on the success of a merger.
- Post-Merger Blues. Drew, Roni // Management Review;Sep99, Vol. 88 Issue 8, p8
Presents information on what merged companies in the United States do to address several human relations issues. Typical post merger realities; Benefits offered by merged companies.
- Handling the human factor during mergers. Loucheim, Frank P. // ABA Banking Journal;Mar1984, Vol. 76 Issue 3, p20
Focuses on the basic guides on personnel management in mergers and acquisitions. Objective of consultants; Audit of human resources; Selection of consulting firm.
- Work force issue put mergers at risk. Lesner, David S. // San Diego Business Journal;3/27/95, Vol. 16 Issue 13, p2A
Discusses the importance of human resource management issues on the success of corporate mergers. Characteristics of an effective organization; Corporation's need to consider compensation issues for the work force; Value of open communication channel between management and workforce.