Showing trainers the writing on the wall
- Showing trainers the writing on the wall. Miller, Tony // People Management;2/22/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p46
Describes the innovation made to standard overhead projectors (OHPs) that are used for visual training aids in corporate organizations. Awareness to the use of more sophisticated training and presentation technology; Enhancements on overhead projectors and the application of video soundtracks;...
- Don't train in vain. Webster, John // Software Magazine;Aug96, Vol. 16 Issue 8, p99
Discusses the importance of multimedia education and training programs for employees. Issues on timeliness and accessibility; Intranet-only training programs; Content and depth of interactivity; Multimedia authoring programs; Sharing of data among Windows personal computers and Apple Macintosh...
- The promise of Internet-based training. Glener, Doug // Training & Development;Sep96, Vol. 50 Issue 9, p57
Discusses the prospect of providing employee training through the Internet. Benefits of using the Internet for training; Cost considerations. INSETS: The Internet comes alive.;For your eyes only..
- Designing for international teletraining. Chute, Alan G.; Shatzer, Linda S. // Adults Learning;Sep95, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p20
Focuses on teletraining as an alternative method for off-site training of workers. Components of a teletraining; Types of training; Cultural considerations.
- Interaction has its attraction. Flynn, Gillian // Personnel Journal;Jul95, Vol. 74 Issue 7, p27
Lists ten advantages of the interactive approach over traditional training methods. Reduction of learning time; Reduction of cost; Instructional consistency; Privacy; Mastery of learning; Provision of strong learning reinforcement.
- Ten training mistakes to avoid. Hall, Brandon // Training & Development;Jul96, Vol. 50 Issue 7, p55
Presents ten mistakes to avoid when considering high technology-based employee training in the United States. Includes solution to the wrong problem; Underestimation of the time required; Inadequacy of user testing; Emerging technology trends. INSET: Five techno trends to watch..
- Creating inside the box. Michalko, Michael R. // Training & Development;Jun95, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p10
Advises on the use of the `Think Box' as a tool to increase productivity in training programs. Ways of using the `Think Box.'
- Training across international boarders. Sullivan, Richard // Training & Development;Jun95, Vol. 49 Issue 6, p55
Discusses the methods of a low-cost training package by the John Hopkins Program for International Education in Reproductive Health (JHPIEGO) for various countries. Assessment of training needs; Development of training materials based on the needs; Transfer of training skills to potential...
- Get training on track with new techniques. McPhee, Doug // San Diego Business Journal;3/13/95, Vol. 16 Issue 11, p22
Focuses on the need to have technological improvements in training employees for individual integration and consolidation in the company. Collaborative responsibility between the organization and the person; Integration of structural design with strategic direction; Use of hexagonal framework.