Banking on a wise investment in HR
- Banking on a wise investment in HR. Timms, Bob; Finn, Richard // People Management;2/22/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p32
Discusses the process of re-engineering applied by the Union Bank of Switzerland United Kingdom Group to its development and services departments. Processes of re-engineering; How the transformation was achieved; Redesigning the human resource processes; Focus on employee communications.
- European Banks: Stricken by Reality. Guyon, Janet // Fortune;11/9/1998, Vol. 138 Issue 9, p38
The article reports on the financial crisis faced by Europe's banking system as evident in Union Bank of Switzerland's loss of as much $750 million, and the resignation of ING Group's chairman Marinus Minderhoud therefore cutting more than 1,200 jobs. The crisis shows no stopping as Latin...
- New Details Arise about Eaton Vance DIP Fund. // Bank Loan Report;5/25/2009, Vol. 24 Issue 21, p3
The article offers news brief on loan market. Union Bank of Switzerland (UBS) has expanded its leverage finance team by three in Europe. Neil Schweitzer, senior vice president with Moody's Investors Service Inc., has resigned as part of the firm's restructuring process. Avenue Capital Group, a...
- Wirehouses Post Mixed Results for Q4'll. Levaux, Janet // Research;Mar2012, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p10
The article provides information on the financial analysis of the Bank of America (BofA) Corp. in the U.S. as of December 30, 2011 regarding net income, revenue expense and employment. According to Bank of America, client account balances increased by 3.5 percent to 2.14 billion dollars during...
- Should personnel managers be more critical of BPR? Baillie, John // People Management;05/04/95, Vol. 1 Issue 9, p55
Offers a look at business process re-engineering (BPR). Impact of BPR on organization and its employees; Fundamental flaw of BPR; Examination of moral, ethical and philosophical basis of the BPR.
- Council workers to lose jobs after failing skills test. Littlefield, David // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p10
Provides information on council workers in Lambeth council in London losing their jobs after failing a skill test. Drive to improve management and administrative standards; Difficulty in reorganizing the council; Effect of the reorganization on the council's staff morale.
- Can reengineering do anything for you? Imberman, Woodruff // Paint & Coatings Industry;Oct96, Vol. 12 Issue 10, p174
Focuses on reengineering. Importance of cooperation of both management and the entire work force for the success of such a venture; Pay-for-performance programs; Three elements for successful reengineering through gainsharing; Competitiveness in reengineering.
- Reengineering. Williams, J. Clifton // Baylor Business Review;Spring1994, Vol. 12 Issue 1, p8
Discusses the management concept of reengineering. Application in the approval of customer credit at IBM Credit Corp.; Assumption which may have been valid once but had become impractical; Suggestion of ways to explore the value of reengineering.
- Reengineering: A fast track to nowhere? Jennings, Daniel F. // Baylor Business Review;Fall1996, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p6
Focuses on management reengineering. Problems created by reengineering; Implications of reengineering.