Don't write off the traditional career
- Don't write off the traditional career. Guest, David; Davey, Kate Mackenzie // People Management;2/22/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p22
Discusses the research on the innovation developed in the structure and ways of the corporate organization wherein the traditional career management is replaced by self-development. Characteristics and consequent implications on career management; Goal in creating the Career Research Forum;...
- When the Cup Runneth Over:Positive Spillover from Nonwork to Work. Ryan, Katherine C.; Dunn-Jensen, Linda M. // Academy of Management Annual Meeting Proceedings;2012, p1
This study was conducted to investigate how family life, community service, and personal self-development and leisure activities of managers support and enhance their work life. Although work-nonwork relationships have been studied for some time, research has focused overwhelmingly on negative...
- 10 Tips. // Scholastic Choices;Jan2003, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p29
Lists new year resolutions for 2003 for teenagers that are easy to keep. Out of character things that readers can attempt to do; Social services that readers can volunteer for; Ways in which teenagers can save money.
- Self-Assignments. // PSA Journal;Dec2001, Vol. 67 Issue 12, p26
Considers self-imposed assignments in doing photographic projects. Benefits of self-assignments; Subjects that can be used in short-term photography projects; Range of topics that can be included in a photo collectibles project.
- To the question of historiography of the concept "self-educational competence". Kifik, N. Y. // Contemporary Higher Education: Innovative Aspects / Sovremennaia;Jan2012, Issue 1, p208
The concept of "self-educational competence" is defined via the analysis of the existing theoretical works.
- Underexplored Contexts and Populations in Self-Regulated Learning and Measurement Issues. Berger, Jean-Louis; Brandmo, Christian // Journal of Cognitive Education & Psychology;2013, Vol. 12 Issue 3, p257
An introduction to the journal is presented in which the guest editors discuss various articles within the issue on topics including self-regulated learning (SRL), challenges of computer-based learning, and role of SRL in collaborative learning.
- Self-Renewal. Gardner, John W. // PM Engineer;Mar97, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p12
Focuses on personal self-renewal. Factors that cause a person to stop learning and grow; Why some people fail to become high achievers; Reason persons become fixed in attitudes and habits; Reference to the author's book `Self-Renewal'; Power of Motivation.'
- Total Health Body & Mind. // Australian Personal Computer;Nov95, Vol. 16 Issue 11, PC Super Market p60
Informs about the software program produced by ICS Learning Systems that offers series of self learning courses. Other features of the same.
- The Role of Y. Altynsarin's Enlightening Ideas in the Development of the Problem of a Student's Multi-Cultural Personality Formation in Pedagogical HEI. Demisenova, Sh. S. // Contemporary Higher Education: Innovative Aspects / Sovremennaia;Apr2011, Issue 2, p98
The realization of Y. Altynsarin's enlightening ideas in development of student's multi-cultural personality in pedagogical institute.