Can unity be preserved in the midst of diversity?
Tags: CIVIL service
- Antecedents of public service motivation. Perry, James L. // Journal of Public Administration Research & Theory;Apr97, Vol. 7 Issue 2, p181
Investigates the relationship of public service motivation (PSM) to various sets of correlates. Review of literature; Parental socialization; Religious socialization; Professional identification; Political ideology.
- Health and safety. // People Management;11/16/95, Vol. 1 Issue 23, p10
Provides information on the status of civil servants in Great Britain. Percentage decrease of sickness absences in the civil service; Decline on the number of civil servants.
- Can unity be preserved in the midst of diversity? Murlis, Helen // People Management;02/22/96, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p21
Discusses the apparent effects of the changes made on the civil service in Britain. Major changes in the civil service; Effects of the changes on the number of senior civil servants; Flexibility requirement of the pay bands for a smaller, better-paid civil service; Issues on the foundation of...
- Civil service exchange. // People Management;04/02/98, Vol. 4 Issue 7, p13
Reports that the benefits offered by Great Britain's Interchange program for public employees were discussed at a conference organized by the National Council for Voluntary Organizations and the Cabinet Office.
- Slipped disk probe completed. // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;8/30/93, Vol. 20 Issue 37, p43
Reveals that an Alberta Justice confirmed that government staff failed to erase a computer hard disk containing personal information on 166 land titles employees that was purchased by a St. Albert man.
- Letter from London. Green, S. J. D. // Antioch Review;Summer2002, Vol. 60 Issue 3, p523
Considers the problem facing Great Britain regarding its public services. Reason Britain spends less on its transport infrastructure than its major European partners; Reason privatization worked well enough in adequately capitalized industries.
- A new Canadian public service. Tellier, Paul M. // Business Quarterly;Spring91, Vol. 55 Issue 4, p93
Looks at management and administration of the Canadian public service. Need for innovation and client satisfaction strategies; Canadian government's white paper on policies for changing public service management and operation; Areas for management improvement.
- What has happened to the U.S. senior civil service? Aberbach, J.D.; Rockman, B.A. // Brookings Review;Fall90, Vol. 8 Issue 4, p35
Reports that according to the National Commission on the Public Service, America's civil service is in the midst of a `quiet crisis.' Tangible losses in the status of the civil service; Losses of public prestige and influence; Viewed as implementors of policy; Restricted role; From Nixon to...
- Defense pay center to add 450-plus jobs by '96. Prizinsky, David // Crain's Cleveland Business;4/25/94, Vol. 15 Issue 17, p1
Reports that Ohio's Defense Department's payroll and accounting center will add more than 450 jobs over the next three years from 1994. Military payroll and retiree benefit processing operations; Correlation with Pentagon's decision to scuttle a Bush administration program to create job-laden...