Any other business
- Any other business. // People Management;2/22/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p14
Discusses issues in line with employment such as policies, bills, and other news. Legal protection under a bill for employees accused of malpractice; Effect of unemployment benefit to redundant workers; Casual dress policies in the United States; Number of students who gained first degrees in...
- Aceh to ban sales of tight clothing. // Asian Pacific Post;6/14/2012, p17
The article reports on an announcement that shops in the Aceh province of Indonesia will be prohibited from selling tight-fitting clothes.
- A uniform policy. Zirkel, Perry A. // Phi Delta Kappan;Mar98, Vol. 79 Issue 7, p550
Discusses the case involving two Phoenix Elementary School District students who refused to comply with the dress code. The dress code that the students were to follow; Interpresentation of the decision as providing assurance for public schools around the country that mandatory school uniform...
- Dress codes vs. free speech. Kushner, Sherrill // Cobblestone;Jan1998, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p29
Discusses rulings imposed by the First Amendment on school's dress codes and uniforms. Information about the 1969 U.S. Supreme Court case Tinker versus Des Moines Independent Community School District; Dress codes as a proper way to control behavior; Example consequences that can be brought by...
- Help us find the people who make a difference. // People Management;11/2/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 22, p19
Provides information on the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) People Management Awards run jointly with People Management magazine. Entry categories and examples; Judging panel; How to apply for the award.
- News flash. // People Management;4/17/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 8, p11
Announces the acceptance of nominations for the 1997 annual award for excellence in managing and developing people, given by the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) and People Management. Deadline for the submission of entries.
- The Student Dress Code Debate (Part II). Swafford, Melinda; Jolley, Lee Ann; Southward, Leigh // Techniques: Connecting Education & Careers;Feb2011, Vol. 86 Issue 2, p10
The article discusses results of the surveys conducted by Brunsma and Rockquemore on the student dress codes in the U.S. It mentions that the contentions concerning the behavior of a student inside the campus which reflects the way he dresses is unfounded. It also notes that the result of the...
- Public school dress codes: The constitutional debate. Wilson, Amy Mitchell // Brigham Young University Education & Law Journal;Spring98, Issue 1, p147
Examines the constitutional protection of speech and expression as applied to public school dress codes in the United States. Analysis of specific types of dress and grooming regulations; Discussion on the evolution of the school dress code cases; Trends toward mandatory uniforms in public schools.
- WHAT NOT TO WEAR. // New York Times Upfront;10/22/2007, Vol. 140 Issue 4/5, p4
The article reports on the efforts made by Iranian police to impose dress codes in Iran. Since spring 2007, the Iranian police began stopping women and men in public places to warn them about their attire. Women wearing headscarves that allow hair to show, eyeliner, nail polish, and other...