Falling inflation pegs pay settlements back
- Falling inflation pegs pay settlements back. Merrick, Neil // People Management;2/22/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p8
Reports on the effect of falling inflation to the demands for salary increases in public and private sectors in Britain. Limited relaxation of pay policy supported by CBI director general Adair Turner; Case of Sun Life of Canada on its capability of awarding salary increase; Comparison between...
- Eliminating problems with government procurement and payment. Brockmeier, David L. // Business Credit;May95, Vol. 97 Issue 5, p10
Analyzes the way the government does business to study the causes of problems with government procurement and payment. Reason for non-payment of invoices; Definition of a Proper Invoice; Suggestions for eliminating the problems.
- Pay up. Bayer, Alexei // Treasury & Risk Management;Mar/Apr95, Vol. 5 Issue 2, p15
Reports on the European Commission's recommendation that national governments pass laws allowing businesses to charge interest on payments in arrears.
- Hearing next week on paid-when-mailed bill. // American Banker;2/21/1996, Vol. 161 Issue 34, p2
Reports that Leland M. Stenehjem, president-elect of the Independent Bankers Association of America will testify about a measure that would require creditors to consider a bill as paid on the date a check was mailed.
- Das slowenische Mandatsverfahren und das europÃ¤ische Mahnverfahren. Danko, Gregor // Slovenian Law Review;Dec2010, Vol. 7 Issue 1/2, p203
This work evaluates the Slovenian order for payment procedure ("Mandatsverfahren") and the European order for payment procedure. The comparison between both legal systems shows that substantial differences are the result of cross-border relations. Differences can therefore be noticed within...
- San Marcos courting Seton employees but Kyle isn't biting. Rollins, Brad // Hays Free Press (Buda, TX);11/4/2009, Vol. 106 Issue 31, p3A
The article reports that Kyle, Texas officials will not follow a new San Marcos program which offers homebuyers' down payment assistance to employees of Seton Medical Center Hays.
- Concerned about late payers? Join the queue. // Builders Merchants Journal;Aug98, p11
Reports on the failure of the government in Great Britain to encourage large companies to pay their bills more promptly. Average number of days before a large company pays its bills; Factors that affect the speed by which they settle their accounts.
- Lower taxes. Bayer, Alexei // Treasury & Risk Management;Jan/Feb95, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p21
Reports that Canada has signed a treaty with the United States reducing taxes on cross-border financial transfers, including the payment of dividends, royalties and interests.
- Late payments of bills--an update. Sinclair, Jonathan; Taylor, Kathryn // Credit Control;1997, Vol. 18 Issue 9, p13
Relates the proposed legislation on late bill payments in Great Britain. Directive from the European Union Commission for a statutory right to claim interest on late payment of commercial debts; Definition of commercial debts; Recognition of the vulnerability of small businesses to late payments.