Openness sought for public appointments
- More conscripts? // Russian Life;Mar/Apr2005, Vol. 48 Issue 2, p6
Reports on the unveiling of the plans of ending draft deferments for university students and shortening military services by Defense Minister Sergei Ivanov in Russia. Efforts of the students to demand the dismissal of Defense Minister Ivanov; Number of protests; Details on the violent reactions...
- SNEAK PREVIEW. // Sporting News;3/25/2005, Vol. 229 Issue 12, p59
The article reports that TSN Games is offering free online mock drafts using ourtop-of-the-line Fantasy Commissioner draft tool. It will scratch your fantasy draft itch and give you a feel for who will be taken where. Draft right away, or set up a future draft. Draft in the morning or evening....
- Principal Government Officials. // China Country Review;2001/2002, p47
Lists the principal government officials in Taiwan. President; Vice President; Premier; Vice Premier.
- The Transfer Raj: Indian Civil Servants on the Move. Banik, Dan // European Journal of Development Research;Jun2001, Vol. 13 Issue 1, p106
Focuses on the civil services in India belonging to the country's elite Indian Administrative Service (IAS). Overview of the civil services in the country; Transfer norms and IAS mobility patterns; Transfer of IAS officers within a state; Types of transfer situations.
- Principal Government Officials. // Tonga Country Review;2013, p57
The article offers information on the main government officials of Tonga, highlighting the head of the government, chief of the state and the cabinet.
- Principal Government Officials. // Togo Country Review;2013, p57
The article offers information on the main government officials of Togo, highlighting the head of the government, chief of the state and the cabinet.
- Insiders tipped top Whitehall job. Ryan, Craig // Public Finance;02/01/2002, p14
Focuses on the appointment of business figure to head the civil service in Great Britain. Plans on the splitting of jobs for Sir Richard Wilson retirement; Caution on outsiders with no experience in the civil service; Role of the Cabinet secretary.
- Opinion: Room at the top. Riddel, Peter // Public Finance;02/23/2001, p5
Focuses on the changing of politicians and civil servants at the Whitehall in London, England. Vacancies among senior permanent secretaries; Speculation of Cabinet reshuffle; Plan to create Department of the Countryside/Rural Affairs out of the Ministry of Agriculture; Consequences of the...
- CIVIL SERVICE. // America;10/4/1941, Vol. 65 Issue 26, p716
The author views on the civil service system in Saint Louis, Missouri. He ridicules the way civil servants are doing their jobs in the city. He mentions the cause initiated by veteran worker for good movement, Reverend Edward Dowling. He points out that a civil-service system is one thing, and...
- Young men exempted from compulsory military or civil service in Finland - A group of men in need of psychosocial support? APPELQVIST-SCHMIDLECHNER, K.; UPANNE, M.; HENRIKSSON, M.; PARKKOLA, K.; STENGÅRD, E. // Scandinavian Journal of Public Health;Mar2010, Vol. 38 Issue 2, p168
Aims: The aim of this study was to find out whether young men exempted from compulsory military or civil service constitute a group of young men in need of psychosocial support from the social and health services. Methods: The study involved a total of 356 men exempted from military or civil...