Mergers & acquisition report
- Merger & acquisition report. // Textile World;May96, Vol. 146 Issue 5, p26
Reports on merger and acquisition activities in the textile industry in the United States. Factors that explain the increase in price involved in the acquisitions.
- Merger & acquisition report. // Textile World;Oct96, Vol. 146 Issue 10, p35
Reports on merger transactions in the textile industry in the United States as of October 1996. Includes Foamex International's sale of Perfect Fit Industries; J. Lewis Partners' acquisition of Belding Hausman; Dominion Textile's sale of three yarn spinning plants to Parkdale Mills.
- Merger & acquisition report. // Textile World;Mar98, Vol. 148 Issue 3, p33
Reports on mergers in the textile industry as of March 1998. Includes Mount Vernon Mills and Bibb's Napery business; Crown Crafts and Pinky Baby Products; National Textiles and Sara Lee Knit Products.
- Merger & acquisition report. // Textile World;Sep98, Vol. 148 Issue 9, p53
Reports on mergers in the textile industry in the United States. Dan River's purchase of the Bibb Co.; Sale of Globe Manufacturing to financial buyer Code, Hennessy & Simmons; Shaw Industries' sale of its residential carpet stores to Maxim Group.
- Industry consolidation continues. Morrissett, Bill; Smyth, Jordan // Textile World;Mar97, Vol. 147 Issue 3, p140
Focuses on the textile industry merger and acquisition activity in both the public and private markets in 1996. Average deal size; Recovery of earnings from 1995 levels; Factors contributing to the high number of transactions throughout the 1990s; Pricing pressures; Outlook on the role of...
- Merger & acquisition report. // Textile World;May97, Vol. 147 Issue 5, p36
Reports on mergers and acquisitions in the textile industry in the United States in March-April 1997. Sunbeam Corp.'s agreement to sell its textile plant in Biddeford, Maine to an investment group; Beaulieu of America's proposed acquisition of the assets of Princeton Rugs; Crown Crafts'...
- Pace of mill mergers is quickening. Morrissett, Bill; Dawson, Coco // Textile World;May98, Vol. 148 Issue 5, p50
Focuses on consolidation activities in the United States' textile industry in 1997. Textile companies' enhancement of their competitive position; Rise in the average reported transaction size; Need to enhance productivity; Improvement of relationships with retailers; Desire to enhance market...
- The Urge to Merge Continues. Morrissett, Bill; Dawson, Coco // Textile World;Apr99, Vol. 149 Issue 4, p192
Presents statistics on the consolidation in the United States textile industry in the 1990s. Factors that led to the increase in consolidation activity among companies; Other transactions done by several companies; Forecast on consolidation.
- WWD TUESDAY: Ready-To-Wear/Textiles. // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;9/1/2009, Vol. 198 Issue 46, p2
The article offers updates on the U.S. fashion and textile industry which include the launch of Walmart.com's Wal-Mart Marketplace featuring baby products, toys and sporting goods, the acquisition of Marvel Entertainment Inc. by Walt Disney Co. for 4 billion dollars, and the annual MAGIC fashion...