The PM/PAA personnel jobs index
- The PM/PAA personnel jobs index. Howard, Simon // People Management;02/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p43
Presents the January to December 1996 data on the PM/PAA Personnel Jobs Index. Number of personnel and training management jobs publicists in advertisements; Status of `People Management' in personnel job advertisers; Jobs advertised in 1996.
- The PM/PAA personnel jobs index. Howard, Simon // People Management;10/24/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 21, p63
Presents the PM/PAA Personnel Jobs Index, compiled by People Management and PA Advertising, which will be monitoring advertisements for personnel and management skills every three months. Media Monitoring Services; Information about the recruitment advertisements in the following publications;...
- Cost of advertising is the tip of the iceberg. // New Hampshire Business Review;3/29/96, Vol. 18 Issue 7, p23A
Reports on costs of job advertising which includes the productivity of clerical, secretarial support and the cost of the ad in the newspaper or magazine. Reduced productivity of the hiring manager due to distraction; Fee based on a percentage of the applicant's starting salary.
- Experienced jobseekers benefit most from want ads? // Occupational Outlook Quarterly;Winter96/97, Vol. 40 Issue 4, p31
Presents an evidence of a survey of employees on their hiring practices conducted by the University of Iowa researchers with the National Association of Colleges and Employers. Several sources of experienced workers; How employers rated various experienced workers sources.
- Free access to network on job information. // Journal of Visual Impairment & Blindness;Sep93, Vol. 87 Issue 7, p281
Features the Washington Area Service Network (WASNET), a free electronic bulletin board and telecommunications service for federal job information and other recruitment-related matters. Membership; Hardware requirements; Contact information.
- Sixth consecutive decline of Help-wanted Index. // Infomat: A Weekly Review;2/14/2003, p6
Reports on the decline in the Help-wanted Index for Canada in January 2003. Percentage of decline in the different provinces; Compilation of the index from the number of help-wanted ads published in newspapers.
- Writing help-wanted ads that work. Perry, Philip M. // Restaurant Hospitality;Nov93, Vol. 77 Issue 11, p58
Discusses the importance of carefully wording help-wanted advertisements as this could provide evidence for discrimination or create binding contracts with recruited workers. Lack of bias concerning race, color, religion, sex, national origin, or handicaps; Tips on wording the advertisement;...
- May Help-Wanted Index Down a Point to 17. Siegel, Gary E. // Bond Buyer;6/27/2008, Vol. 364 Issue 32908, p23
The article reports on the decline of the volume of help wanted advertisements in newspapers, according to the Conference Board's help-wanted advertising index in the U.S.
- Adding up Adweek's classified ads for jobs (and plenty of them). Dolliver, Mark // Adweek Western Edition;9/9/96, Vol. 46 Issue 37, p25
Reports on the increase in the volume of help-wanted classified advertisements in `Adweek' magazine in August 1996. Brisk business seen for ads running nationally; Boost received from agencies staffing up regional offices.