- Employee relations. // People Management;02/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p16
Reports on backing of executive codes, Mercury's employees uprising and Labour Party's stand on unions. IPD and Confederation of British Industry (CBI) plan to improve corporate governance within British firms; Members of workers' union at Mercury's call for employment contracts; Labour Party's...
- Social partners poles apart on recognition. Overell, Stephen // People Management;12/18/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 25, p10
Discloses the conflict between labor organizations CBI and TUC on issues pertaining to union recognition in Great Britain. Efforts of Margaret Beckett, president of the Board of Trade to identify areas of common ground between CBI and TUC; Common goals.
- BELGIUM: Ford union vows to block "even a screwdriver" leaving Genk. Warburton, Simon // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);12/15/2014, p1
A reprint of the article "Ford union vows to block "even a screwdriver" leaving Genk," that was published in the website "just-auto.com" on December 12, 2014, is presented.
- Unions 'not surprised' by Ford no-strike ballot. // Professional Engineering;12/13/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 23, p7
Reports on the reaction of unions in Great Britain to the decision made by its member employees at Ford Motor Co. against strike action in the campaign to save car production at the company's plant in Dagenham.
- Ford workers take up the fight. Gooden, Tim // Green Left Weekly;5/19/2010, Issue 837, p4
The article reports on the 24-hour stoppage at the Geelong and Broadmeadows Ford Motor Co. Ltd. plants by the skilled trades members of the Electrical Trade Union (ETU) and the Australian Manufacturing Workers Union.
- Dagenham gears up to fight closure threat. // Professional Engineering;07/05/2000, Vol. 13 Issue 13, p14
Reports on a strike ballot at the Dagenham, Great Britain-site of Ford Motor following the company's rejection of union pleas to alter its plan to stop car assembly at the site. Failure of talks between national trade union officials and Ford management; Company's plan to offset job losses.
- GERMANY: Ford strikes deal to keep Fiesta production in Germany. Leggett, Dave // Aroq - Just-Auto.com (Global News);6/13/2014, p15
The article reports that a productivity deal has been finalized between automaker Ford Motor Co. and German labor union representatives that will keep the manufacture of the Fiesta automobile for the European market at its Cologne plant in Germany.
- CBI attacks union proposals for PPP staff. Higginbottom, Karen // People Management;2/7/2002, Vol. 8 Issue 3, p7
Reports that union organization CBI has rejected union proposals from Unison. Details of a letter sent by CBI director-general Digby Jones to transport and local government secretary Stephen Byers; Support of the CIPD for the call for a voluntary approach to determining wages for public private...
- CBI head told to join 'real world'. McHugh, Joseph // Public Finance;9/10/2004, p15
Reports on the reaction of union leaders in Great Britain in response to the comments made by CBI director general Digby Jones. Remark on the usefulness of union representation to modern workers; Comment of Digby Jones on the vulnerability of workers; Statement on the protection that people need...