EOC: Equal pay is still years away
- EOC: Equal pay is still years away. Overell, Stephen // People Management;02/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p16
Presents the study of Equal Opportunities Commission regarding women's plight to achieve equal pay with men. Average earnings discrepancy between men and women; Percentage earned by women working on a part-time basis as compared to that of men; Comment on why women do not have the advantages of...
- COMPARABLE WORTH. Curtis, Christine; Latham Jr., J. Al // ABA Journal;Sep86, Vol. 72 Issue 9, p36
Discusses the debate about the advantages and disadvantages of comparable worth. Technique to achieve pay equity for those in jobs historically held by women; Enabling of an employer to compare jobs dissimilar in actual tasks but similar in value; Ways in which the overall wage gap cannot...
- Comparable worth: organizational dilemmas. Koziara, Karen Shallcross // Monthly Labor Review;Dec85, Vol. 108 Issue 12, p13
Examines the implications of comparable worth for public and private employers and labor groups in the U.S. Impact on the wages of women workers; Relationship between taxation and the increasing cost of providing government service; Strategies used by jurisdiction in implementing comparable worth.
- Battle of the sexe$. Fitzer, Mary M. // BusinessWest;Mar99, Vol. 15 Issue 11, p22
Focuses on President Bill Clinton's promise to implement tighter enforcement of equal-pay laws in 1999 and beyond. Negative impact of the pay gap on family life; Existence of gender pay gap since women entered the workforce; Enactment of the Equal Pay Act in 1963; Gender trap in many...
- A Woman's Wage. Paris, Ellen // Entrepreneur;Mar2000, Vol. 28 Issue 3, p32
Focuses on pay discrimination in the United States. Earnings of working women according to the Department of Labor; Penalties for failing to provide employees with the same pay; Review of payroll by small business to correct pay discrimination.
- PAY EQUITY NOW! RESOURCE PACKAGE. Pillinger, Jane // Women's International Network News;Winter2003, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p78
Presents excerpts of a publication concerning pay equity between men and women.
- Hunting for Happy Feet in Honolulu: The Elusive Struggle for Pay Equity - A Comparative View. Goddard, John // New Zealand Journal of Employment Relations;2012, Vol. 37 Issue 1, p119
The article focuses on the extent to which the three branches of government in New Zealand pay equity in comparison with their Australian counterparts. In New Zealand, the median hourly rate of pay that women receive is 89.4% of the remuneration that men receive. Australian women receive higher...
- Equal pay would cut poverty in half. // Off Our Backs;Apr99, Vol. 29 Issue 4, p4
Reports that a study released by the AFL-CIO and the Institute for Women's Policy Research revealed that the poverty rate would be half of what it is now if women earned the same as men in the United States, as reported from `Abigail's Rebels' periodical. Average loss for working families due...
- MALE-FEMALE EARNINGS DIFFERENTIALS IN CANADA . Holmes, R. A. // Journal of Human Resources;Winter76, Vol. 11 Issue 1, p109
This article presents a study which aimed to estimate the male-female earnings differentials in Canada using data from the Survey of Consumer Finances for 1967. The male-female earnings differentials may reflect productivity differences, they may also provide evidence of discrimination that is...