News & analysis
- CASE NO. 2670 Definitive report: THE COMMITTEE'S RECOMMENDATION. // Official Bulletin: Series B;2009, Vol. 92 Issue 3, p80
The article presents the recommendation of the Committee on Freedom of Education on a case involving the Province of Tierra del Fuego urging the Argentine government to take necessary measures to ensure that the province revoke or amend a June 12, 2008 circular, in consultation with the worker's...
- Part IV. Information on the factual matters investigated by the Commission: 20. INSTITUTIONAL PROTECTION OF TRADE UNION RIGHTS: VI. Other Institutions. // Official Bulletin: Series B;2010, Vol. 93 Issue 1, p126
A section from the report "Official Bulletin: Series B: Truth, Reconciliation and Justice in Zimbabwe" is presented, concerning other possible institutions that could protect trade union rights in Zimbabwe.
- News & analysis. // People Management;02/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 3, p11
Features the 13th anniversary of the banning of trade unions at Government Communications Headquarters (GCHQ) in Cheltenham, England. Labour Party's promise on union rights.
- Waterfront. // Asian Business Review;Apr96, p32
Discusses the attitude of the Coalition government of Prime Minister John Howard of Australia toward the Maritime Workers Union. Coalition plans of abolishing cabotage; Comments of Transport Minister John Sharp; Labor government failure to implement waterfront reform.
- A truly radical union. Koch, George // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;3/1/93, Vol. 20 Issue 11, p20
Speculates that one of the reasons Safeway is struggling to compete against rivals like Save-On-Foods is because some of the latter's employees are represented by the Christian Labour Association of Canada (CLAC), an alternative union that eschews the adversarial approach. Charges CLAC is...
- Big labour falls flat. Verburg, Peter // Alberta Report / Newsmagazine;5/16/94, Vol. 21 Issue 22, p10
Considers the financial health of the Alberta Federation of Labour, which drew 30 people at a May Day rally capping their annual convention in Edmonton two weeks ago. Union leaders blame the provincial government for their falling fortunes while others fault the union for its obsession with...
- TRADE-UNION ORGANIZATION AND THE EUROPEAN ECONOMIC COMMUNITY. Hartmann, Heinz // Studies in Comparative International Development;Fall78, Vol. 13 Issue 3, p41
Focuses on the establishment of the European Trade Union Confederation (ETUC) and its dependency on agencies of the European Community. Reason behind the establishment of ETUC; Impact on ETUC prospects following its dependency on the agencies; Classification of trade union movements in Europe...
- New York City's Largest Unions. // Crain's New York Business;12/30/2002, Vol. 18 Issue 52, p32
Presents statistics related to largest trade unions of New York City ranked by number of local union members as of December 30, 2002. Contact information of unions listed; Employee groups represented by listed companies.
- Three unions agreed to merge. Hanson, Cynthia; Mclaughlin, Abraham // Christian Science Monitor;7/28/95, Vol. 87 Issue 170, p2
Reports plans of unions of steel-workers, machinists and auto workers in United States to merge forming the nation's largest labor group.