Why the Internet needs a few training lessons
- CD-Rom exercises that flex your mental pecs. McHale, Jo // People Management;07/10/97, Vol. 3 Issue 14, p54
Evaluates the training kit `MindGym: Fitness Thinking for Fast Times,' published by Melrose, Dumbarton. Information on the video, CD-Rom and workbooks of the training kit.
- Coaching the coach. // People Management;04/16/98, Vol. 4 Issue 8, p59
Reports on the launching of `Exercises for Developing Coaching Capability,' a training manual by Ian Cunningham and Graham Dawes from the Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD).
- Training resources. // Motor Age;Dec93, Vol. 112 Issue 12, p49
Showcases training resources from aftermarket manufacturers. Gates Rubber Co.'s updated manual `College of Fleet Knowledge'; Arrow Automotive Industries' three new bulletins; Tridon's videotapes on proper removal and installation of the company's products; Products for Power's training video on...
- Guide made available to help schools with safety. // Hudson Valley Business Journal;7/15/2002, Vol. 13 Issue 14, p13
Introduces the 'Threat Assessment in Schools: A Guide to Managing Threatening Situations and to Creating Safe School Climates' manual by the U.S. Secretary of Education and U.S. Secret Service. Information about training sessions; Availability of the guide; Content of the guide regarding...
- Keep manuals together. // PS: Preventive Maintenance Monthly;Sep95, Issue 514, p95
Offers advise on how to keep training manuals together. Use of fiber reinforced tape and electrical ties; Ring binders; Footlocker; One-drawer file cabinet.
- ASA Education Foundation Debuts ASA University. // Supply House Times;Sep2009, Vol. 52 Issue 7, p39
The article discusses the launch of American Supply Association (ASA) University by the ASA Education Foundation. The project offers a full complement of programs and resources such as self-study book and compact disc courses and ASAU online, a complete Learning Management System (LMS) that...
- Outfitting Education: Making Learning in Fashion. Drinis, Eve; Corrigan, Amy // Chief Learning Officer;Jan2004, Vol. 3 Issue 1, p50
Discusses the drawbacks of training and e-learning topics. Focus on the problems associated with spending an entire day on training; Errors to produce training manuals; Suggestion that corrective actions be used to overcome the errors.
- New Training Tools. // Training & Development Journal;Jan1975, Vol. 29 Issue 1, p52
Presents training tools and materials. Series of audio cassettes for supervisors by George Odiorne; 3M Videocasstte Contact Printer Model UCP-1 for use in education, government and industrial training; Series of sound filmstrips with audio cassettes and handbook; Computerized simulation of a...
- In the Company of Their Peers. LaFollette, Jere G.; Rowe, Wendy // Aging;1994, Issue 366, p47
Highlights `In the Company of Their Peers,' a geriatric peer counselor training manual providing detailed information on the establishment and operation of a peer counseling program. Funding for the manual; Publication; Contact information.