Move over darling
- Women are in the wrong conduits. Wellington, Sheilla // Vital Speeches of the Day;12/15/96, Vol. 63 Issue 5, p148
Presents the speech by Catalyst President, given before the Economic Club of Detroit, Michigan, October 23, 1996, dealing with the status of women in corporate leadership and what companies can, and are doing to improve it.
- From leadership material to leadership: What it takes for women. St. Martin, Charlotte // Association Management;Jun94, Vol. 46 Issue 6, p52
Discusses the requisites for the success of women managers. Importance of leadership qualities in women managers; Women in the hospitality industry; Barriers for women leaders. INSETS: Advice for chief executives.;Advancement in a female environment, by Holly Sloan..
- Benefits of women on corporate boards of directors as reported by male CEOs. Burke, Ronald J. // Psychological Reports;Aug94, Vol. 75 Issue 1, p329
Discusses the benefits of having women in the board of directors of a corporation. Related studies.
- Women in middle management: Their career development and... Wentling, Rose Mary // Business Horizons;Jan/Feb92, Vol. 35 Issue 1, p47
Presents a study that included personal interviews with women holding middle-level management positions in Fortune companies located in the Midwest. Focus of the interview; Description of study participants; Factors that assisted career development; Factors that hinder career development;...
- Sexism and the City. Pepper, Tara // Bulletin with Newsweek;7/16/2002, Vol. 120 Issue 6333, p67
Reports on the improving status of women executives in London, England. Landmark cases that contributed to the improvement of women's status in the city's business community; Challenges encountered by women working in the city; Efforts exerted by the government to eliminate sex discrimination...
- The new way to break the glass ceiling. // Executive Leadership;Oct2009, Vol. 24 Issue 10, p6
The article presents a discussion on the career opportunities obtained by women executives through socializing, adapted from the article "The New Valley Girls," by Patricia Sellers.
- A Look at Women And Leadership. Truelove, Christiane // MWorld;Winter2014/2015, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p2
An introduction is presented in which the editor discusses various reports within the issue on topics including the women in leadership, the sexism in the video game industry, and the best practices for advancing women in their careers.
- Global business. Rigby, Rhymer // Management Today;Apr2000, p25
Focuses on the social conditions of women executives in Germany as of April 2000. Data from a survey conducted by the Germany-based `impulse' magazine.
- Good-bye Glass Ceiling? // Wilson Quarterly;Winter2002, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p89
Reviews the article 'The Gender Gap in Top Corporate Jobs,' by Marianne Bertrand and Kevin F. Hallock, from the October 2001 issue of 'Industrial and Labor Relations Review,' which focused on the condition of women executives in the United States.