Too good to be true?
- Pay Equity in Local Government: A Case Study. Kates, Carol A. // Labor Studies Journal;Summer94, Vol. 19 Issue 2, p48
Discusses the first implementation of the New York State Local Government Pay Equity Project in Tompkins County, New York. History of the project; Features of pay equity; Goal of pay equity; Methodology of the study; Pay rates and bargaining strength; Results of the project; Pay curve of the...
- How to get paid + more really. Burk, Martha; Feltman, Josh // Executive Female (0199-2880);Jan/Feb95, Vol. 18 Issue 1, p46
Discusses the issue of pay inequities and what can be done to fight against it. Equal Pay Act; Public disclosure of employment statistics; Use of gender clout; Use of managerial power. INSET: How far to pay equity?..
- Flat tire on road to pay equity. Coolidge, Shelley Donald // Christian Science Monitor;4/11/97, Vol. 89 Issue 95, p9
Reports that the campaign for equal pay for American men and women has reached a standstill in 1997. How the wage gap affects women; Reference to the increase in women's wages during the 1980s; Impact of child rearing on the earning power of women.
- An overview and assessment of comparable worth based on a large scale implementation. Kovach, Kenneth A. // Public Personnel Management;Spring97, Vol. 26 Issue 1, p109
Discusses comparable worth based on a large scale implementation in Canada. Gender-based wage discrimination in Canada; Problems regarding the enforcement of province-based conventional equal pay laws; Male-female earnings gap; Rationale for comparable worth; Features of Canadian legislation;...
- Pay equity report. // Liberal Education;Mar/Apr90, Vol. 76 Issue 2, p39
Focuses on the findings of the report called `Pay Equity Activity in the Public Sector, 1979-89.' Summary of the pay equity activity in the 1980s; Availability of the report.
- Incomparable worth. // Futurist;Mar/Apr94, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p59
Reports on the implementation of comparable worth policies to close the earnings gap between men and women. Policy of pay equity or equal pay for work of equal value; Use of policies to distort the natural market forces of labor demand and supply; Discrepancies between market-determined wage...
- Unions and Pay Equity Bargaining in Canada. Hart, Susan M. // Relations Industrielles / Industrial Relations;Fall2002, Vol. 57 Issue 4, p609
Provincial government pay equity policies require the negotiation of pay equity in unionized workplaces. The methodology is complex and unions have to be knowledgeable and committed to rectifying discriminatory wages. According to the literature, Canadian unions have shown varied levels of...
- Rally for equal pay. // Australian Nursing Journal;Oct2010, Vol. 18 Issue 4, p10
The article reports on rallies which were held across Australia on September 4, 2010 to recognize Equal Pay Day, which is held annually to bring attention to an 18% pay gap which exists between men and women in Australia.
- SLOWPOKE. Sorensen, Jen // Progressive;Jun2014, Vol. 78 Issue 6, p6
A cartoon is presented about paycheck fairness in the U.S.