Firms protest against tax-relief cut on PRP
- Tax abatement: Corporate handout or public benefit? Kelly, Thomas M.; Henderson, James W. // Baylor Business Review;Fall1996, Vol. 14 Issue 2, p15
Focuses on the efficiency of tax abatement subsidies in Texas. Economic development entrepreneurs; Present value of the lost property tax revenue over the terms of the agreement; Value of future spillover benefits.
- Suffolk towns move slowly toward tax relief. Golden, Mary Kaye // Long Island Business News (7/1993 to 5/2009);12/13/93, Vol. 40 Issue 50, p12
Reports on tax relief measures under deliberation in Suffolk County, New York. Adoption of state real property tax abatement proposals by localities; Option of individual schools to opt out of district jurisdiction; Grant of abatements for home improvements.
- Abatement of interest jurisdiction. // Practical Accountant;Oct97, Vol. 30 Issue 10, p22
Provides information on a husband seeking abatement of interest focusing on Section 6404(g). Details on the jurisdictions of the Court.
- City tax abatement requests drawing questions. Czurak, David // Grand Rapids Business Journal;02/16/98, Vol. 16 Issue 7, p11
Focuses on several tax abatement requests in Grand Rapids, Michigan as of February 16, 1998. Names of the companies requesting for the exemption; Explanations made by company officials justifying their requests; Amount in tax exemption requested by the companies.
- Non-residents of Ohio target of new tax law. DeMarco, Peter // Crain's Cleveland Business;03/09/98, Vol. 19 Issue 10, p24
Looks at the tax withholding requirement law facing Ohio business owners who are non-resident. Details on the stipulations out lined for non paying residents; Indication that income tax will be withheld from non-residents by S and C corporation, partnerships and limited liability companies;...
- Tax relief. Morris, John // Treasury & Risk Management;May/Jun94, Vol. 4 Issue 2, p19
Reports that companies planning to restructure in Germany may get some tax relief from a proposed bill.
- Tax Receipts Down Again. // Trammel Trace Tribune (Tatum, TX);5/20/2010, Vol. 35 Issue 20, p1
The article reports on the 10.9% decline of tax receipts in Tatum, Texas for year 2010 in which it gathered 110, 348 dollars compare to 123, 867 dollars from 2009.
- Remittances were payments. // Practical Accountant;Oct95, Vol. 28 Issue 10, p18
Reports the court decision that remittances made by taxpayers were payments of tax, not deposits in the nature of a cash bond. Non refundability of payments even though final assessment was untimely.
- Tax abatements don't work. Downs, Peter // St. Louis Journalism Review;Feb97, Vol. 27 Issue 193, p8
Reports that tax abatement deprive school districts of the money they need both to improve education and to expand facilities to handle increasing enrollments in the United States. Competition between states with development; Preferential subsidies; Incentives harming the national economy;...