People and posts
- Sugaring the pill. Arkin, Anat // People Management;8/10/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 16, p26
Presents the challenges faced by Glaxo-Wellcome pharmaceutical on its reorganization. Uncertainty about job prospects among the workforce; Development of new policies; Career of Gerrit Aronson in Glaxo-Wellcome as head of the human resources group.
- People and posts. // People Management;11/7/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 22, p16
Provides information on the resignation of Gerrit Aronson, group human resources director at Glaxo Wellcome. Speculation on why he left the company; A glance at the company management.
- Executive returns, temporarily, to St. Vincent. Miller, Susan H. // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/10/2000, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p26A
Reports on the appointment of Steve Thomas as acting chief financial officer of Indiana-based Saint Vincent Hospitals and Health Services. Thomas' business affiliations; Reasons for the increasing number of financial executives who resign from hospital service; Services offered by the company.
- Adviser, 8 January. // Supply Management;2/5/2004, Vol. 9 Issue 3, p15
Presents a correction to an article by Steve Thomas, published in the January 2004 issue of the journal "Supply Management," where two lines on the adviser page were missing.
- Up in smoke. JEFFERY, ROBERT // People Management;Oct2013, p38
The article explains how a market-driven compensation boosted business growth for Imperial Tobacco. Don Cuthbert, group head of compensation and benefits at Imperial Tobacco, discusses market-driven compensation as a way to remove uncertainty and subjectivity and promote diversity. He notes the...
- LAST RUN. Bigford, Andy // Ski;Sept2001, Vol. 66 Issue 1, p200
Profiles skier Steve Thomas. Average days on the slope annually; His fascination with skiing.
- Williams report: fewer councils for Wales. Reid, Ken // 14-19 Learning & Skills Bulletin;2/3/2014, Issue 113, p6
The article offers information on a report published by Williams Commission, a governing body in Wales, which recommended that the Government of Wales should merge the existing 22 local authorities in Wales into 10, 11 or 12. Topics discussed include proposed merger of Flintshire and Wrexham,...
- ARIZONA: Unkind Cuts. Williamson, Richard // Bond Buyer;11/26/2002, Vol. 342 Issue 31521, p33
Reports that the Phoenix suburb of Glendale in Arizona will stop hiring employees and cut back on replacing equipment and put off several city projects as of November 2002. Reasons for the expected move; Cuts in department budgets of the suburb.
- Recruitment and selection. // People Management;01/26/95, Vol. 1 Issue 2, p11
Informs the hiring and selection of employees in Great Britain. Increase of advertised jobs for senior executives; Scheme by HMS Personnel Services for the distribution and food processing industries; Increases in recruitment advertising volumes.