- The human cost of discrimination. Ridley, Agnes Makonda // People Management;2/23/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 4, p30
Reflects on the author's personal experience of racism in job market and assesses the wider implications of equal opportunities policies. Author's account of her frustrations in life related to racism; Author's employment experiences; Comments on institutional racism from fellow professionals;...
- NAACP calls judge's plan 'hypocritical.' Browne, J. Zamgba // New York Amsterdam News;04/05/2001, Vol. 92 Issue 14, p6
Reports the characterization of a judge plan as hypocritical regarding the implementation of affirmative action plan in Michigan. Opponents of the affirmative action plan; Impact of the action plan on the education of minority; Need for fair admission of Black and White students in school campus.
- U.N. convention ties U.S. to affirmative action. // National Catholic Reporter;10/17/97, Vol. 33 Issue 44, p32
Editorial. Focuses on United Nation's adoption of International Convention on the Elimination of all forms of Racial Discrimination. Need for the nations to mandate affirmative action programs; Issues on the racial and gender preferences in schools, employment and housing; Impact of...
- What to do about affirmative action. Puddington, Arch // Commentary;Jun95, Vol. 99 Issue 6, p21
Explores the proper attitude in addressing the issue of affirmative action in America. Concept of affirmative action and the policy of racial preference; Resilience of affirmative action in the face of widespread popular hostility; Acceptance of the diversity principle within certain key...
- Time to take a new look at your Affirmative Action program. Is it foolproof? Wallace, Jr., Edwin C. // Banking;Feb78, Vol. 70 Issue 2, p11
Deals with issues concerning the affirmative action programs of banks. Way in which banks could detect problems in employee racial discrimination; Steps in identifying affected class liability within the work force.
- Don't Shut Out White Males. Emilius Sr., Paul J. // ENR: Engineering News-Record;04/26/99, Vol. 242 Issue 16, p95
Argues that affirmative action programs in the United States (US) have created a policy of race discrimination against small businesses owned by white males. Reasons for the denial of the right to work on public works; Significance of US government-funded projects for white-owned businesses;...
- Discrimination is alive and well in affirmative action. Quayle, Dan // Human Events;9/1/95, Vol. 51 Issue 34, p9
Focuses on affirmative action programs and race discrimination in the United States. Political issues; President Bill Clinton's proposal for continuing affirmative action; Problems concerning reverse discrimination.
- The Diversity Scam. Lind, Michael // New Leader;Jul/Aug2000, Vol. 83 Issue 3, p9
Explores the political and social implications of racial discrimination in the United States. Information on the affirmative action in the country; Origin of the idea of racial quotas; Significance of the widespread adoption of the diversity rationale; Consequence of the emergence of a solid...
- ROVING CAMERA. Gilbert, James // New York Amsterdam News;5/16/2002, Vol. 93 Issue 20, p13
Presents various views on affirmative action programs in the U.S. Emergence of race discrimination; Details on pro-White and anti-Black employment opportunities; Impact of affirmative action on the employment rate of the Blacks; Impact of race on the admission of students from universities.