Intranet boom needs careful management
- Discussions onlineâ€¦. // Personnel Today;12/13/2005, p11
This article presents questions and answers related to Human Resource management. One person asks whether people are happy with the HR service they receive. The answer by the expert was that his IT manager set up a database on the intranet with about half a dozen fields, mostly with drop-down...
- MANAGERS' EXPERIENCES CONCERNING KNOWLEDGE MANAGEMENT IN SERVICE ENTERPRISES IN THE ASPECT OF CONDUCTED RESEARCHES. KULEJ-DUDEK, EDYTA // Human Resources Management & Ergonomics;2011, Vol. 5 Issue 1, p94
This paper presents the results of a survey carried out among service-based businesses in terms of employeesâ€Ÿ knowledge management. The survey was based on experiences of the managers who could identify and indicate the main processes of knowledge management which function in their...
- DYNAMIC DUO. Swedberg, Jamie // Credit Union Management;Jun2005, Vol. 28 Issue 6, p48
The article states that ever since there have been information technology departments; they have been defined by the way they interacted with other departments. Still, for years, credit union IT departments focused on transaction processing and didn't have much to do with human resources (HR)....
- The human resource. Meall, Lesley // Accountancy;Apr2005, Vol. 135 Issue 1340, p87
Explores the significance of systems integration in managing the payroll and human resource (HR) of accounting firms in Great Britain. Details of tying in HR and payroll with finance; Incorporation of HR systems into the company's information technology network; Benefits of Intranet...
- Review reveals more companies adopt E-HR. // Personnel Today;3/12/2002, p61
Focuses on the increase of electronic human resources (HR) in Great Britain. Importance of HR intranet; Accessibility of the database; Inclusion of the web sites for electronic-HR.
- Keep employees on the same page with an intranet. Lee, Mie-Yun // Business Journal (Central New York);04/20/2001, Vol. 15 Issue 16, p8
Encourages the use of the Intranet in personnel management. Advantages of using the Intranet in personnel management; Differentiation of an Intranet Web page with that of a typical Web site; Guidelines in setting up and maintaining an Intranet site.
- The click step. Tyler, Eva // People Management;4/19/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 8, p50
Focuses on self-service electronic human resources (HR) management. Increase in the number of companies which have intranet with HR content; Examples of companies with self-service HR; Benefits of Intranets to HR professionals. INSET: A well-calculated investment.
- Companies expand Web-based HR services. // Fairfield County Business Journal;10/28/2002, Vol. 41 Issue 43, p22
Focuses on the expansion of the Web-based human resource (HR) services of companies in the U.S. Employees provided with HR intranet access; Contribution of the intranet in offering employee self-service in other areas; Improvements in the timeliness and accuracy of HR in providing information...
- Explaining intranet use with the technology acceptance model. Horton, Robin P.; Buck, Tamsin; Waterson, Patrick E.; Clegg, Chris W. // Journal of Information Technology (Routledge, Ltd.);Dec2001, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p237
This paper considers the application of the technology acceptance model (TAM) in explaining intranet usage in two organizations. The TAM was originally developed for explaining technology acceptance and has since been successfully applied to a number of technologies. Its suitability for...