- But some growth fought by merchants. Volyn, Kari // Wenatchee Business Journal;Oct95, Vol. 9 Issue 10, p21
Reports on the opposition to the planned expansion of Safeway's store in Chelan, Washington by home-town businesses. Negative effects of competition on businesses; Concerns on the occupancy in Cedar Street; Safeway's efforts to evaluate comments.
- SAFEWAY SETS SEAFOOD STANDARDS. // SN: Supermarket News;2/1/2010, Vol. 58 Issue 5, p18
The article announces the partnership of Safeway Inc. with marine conservation group FishWise to develop and implement a more comprehensive policy on sustainable seafood.
- Combo store operator affirms earnings ouflook for year. // Chain Drug Review;11/7/2011, Vol. 33 Issue 19, p23
The article offers information on the earnings of Safeway Inc. located in Pleasanton, California, such as the maintenance of its earnings guidance for the fiscal year 2011 and its one percent projected identical-stores sales growth.
- Supermarket chain upholds guidance. // Chain Drug Review;6/17/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 10, p11
The article informs that the drug retailer Safeway Inc. has maintained its guidance on earnings per share and identical-store sales for the first quarter of 2013 despite of lack of sales growth in the first quarter and includes forecasting on its earnings and growth in identical-store sales.
- Safeway hits 'significant milestones' in quarter. // Chain Drug Review;8/19/2013, Vol. 35 Issue 13, p16
The article discusses the significant growth of drug firm Safeway Inc. and mentions that income of the company from continuing operations for the quarter ended June 15, 2013 amounted to 22.1 percent to 58.1 million dollars or 24 cents per diluted share, from 47.6 million dollars.
- Safeway's first century. // Truck & Driver;Nov2003, p6
A hundred drivers have now completed supermarket company Safeway Stores Inc.'s innovative Driver Training Programme, which started two years ago. Safeway's program, The Safeway Road to Success, is expected to train more than 300 new drivers over the next 18 months. Existing employees in...
- Safeway to track returned goods. Thomas, Daniel // Computer Weekly;3/14/2002, p8
Reports the deployment of reverse logistics services by Safeway in Great Britain. Efficiency of managing returned goods; Use of Direct Automated Returns Tracking system from Consignia; Impact of the system on return profitability.
- Net Income Is Off 4.7% at Safeway. // MMR;11/15/2010, Vol. 27 Issue 17, p5
The article reports on the decline of the net earnings of Pleasanton, California-based Safeway Inc. during the 12 weeks ended September 11, 2010.
- Is Safeway falling too far behind? // Marketing (00253650);5/23/2002, p17
Reports on the performance of grocery chain Safeway in Great Britain. Announcement of the company's financial results; Impact of the store refurbishment program on the results; Market share of Safeway.