Stakeholding theory to be market-tested
- When to cash in on high-tech. Dravo, Ed // FW;10/24/95, Vol. 164 Issue 22, p78
Offers advice to investors on when to sell their high-technology stocks. How the majority would be advised to take their profits in those companies with optical-electrical switching circuits or virtual reality modeling languages; The strategy of moving money out of a high-tech specialty fund...
- Toward a modern theory of security analysis. Fogler, H. Russell // Pensions & Investments;8/9/1993, Vol. 21 Issue 16, p24
Presents Ben Graham's principles showing the contradictory attributes of security analysis. Illustrating the idiosyncratic nature of returns; Clarification of the idiosyncratic nature of security analysis; Curse of combinatorial complexity; Non-linear relationships; Non-informational...
- Money management. // Medical Economics;10/23/95, Vol. 72 Issue 20, p197
Answers different questions about the management of financial matters. Includes questions on the sale of homes during recession; Expenses for closed-end funds; Returns for land partnership investment; Information about limited-life trusts; Tax deductions on mortgage points; Alternative minimum...
- Earnings forecast changes. // American Banker;10/16/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 200, p28
Presents a chart tracking analysts' revisions of bank earnings-per-share forecasts. Includes positive outlook for North Fork Bancorporation; TR Financial; Centura Banks; Negative outlook for Aames Financial; U.S. Bancorp; Wachovia Corp.
- Investors must triage when volume is heavy. // High Yield Report;09/08/97, Vol. 8 Issue 34, p1
Reports on decisions which have to be made by small investors, when forced in a kind of triage. Reference to a roadshow schedule in Boston; Statements from Kent Gasaway at Kornitzer Capital Management.
- Management business faces further evolution. Barr, Paul G. // Pensions & Investments;6/9/1997, Vol. 25 Issue 12, p39
Details the factors which are likely to contribute to evolution of the money management industry. Comments by John Casey, president and chief executive officer of RogersCasey and Associates; Reference to a life cycle theory associated with money management.
- Foreign stocks the American way. Gentile, Gary // Financial Planning;Oct97, Vol. 27 Issue 10, p115
Discusses the spread of American-style investment management in global markets. Lack of systematic style analysis in countries other than the United States; Academic studies that support value stocks' outperformance of growth stocks; Factors behind the expected proliferation of specialized...
- Editorial. Higgins, Joanna // Director;Apr2003, Vol. 56 Issue 9, p9
Editorial. Discusses various issues related to the investment market in the U.S. following the announcement of its war with Iraq in the year 2003. Information related to an essay written by James Ledbetter published in the April issue of the magazine 'Director.'
- Closing time. Hambidge, David // Money Marketing;4/1/2010, p21
The article presents the author's views on the implications of the declining opportunities for multi-asset income entities in Great Britain.