- Software showcase. Peck, Richard L. // Nursing Homes: Long Term Care Management;Mar/Apr92, Vol. 41 Issue 2, p23
Outlines the goals of various computer software vendors and the special features of their products as presented in the American College of Health Care Administrators Software Showcase. AA Data Systems; American Health Care Software Enterprises; Applied Micro Management; AssurQual; Automation...
- Truth, lies and RFPs. Greenbaum, Joshua M. // Software Magazine;May97, Vol. 17 Issue 5, p12
Opinion. Presents the authors view on the causes of software implementation failures. How software implementation failures begin; How misunderstandings inside a company affects an implementation; Reasons why projects were imperiled before it begins; Explanations on what a company really needs...
- Bill of Material: A Valuable Management Tool. Ramalingam, P. // Industrial Management;Jan/Feb83, Vol. 25 Issue 1, p22
Examines the components of Bill of Material system (BOM) as a valuable management tool. Description of BOM structures; Uses and functions of BOM; Lists of common tool formats.
- Software support: Who are you gonna call? Maciag, Gregory A. // National Underwriter / Property & Casualty Risk & Benefits Manag;4/11/94, Vol. 98 Issue 15, p18
Enumerates resources and services of help to those who encounter computer software problems. Software manuals; On-line services; Call for employers to train their employees about solutions to software problems.
- GOING LIVE. Rodgers, Keith // Personnel Today;8/20/2002, p27
Focuses on the adoption of big bang approach to software implementation in business enterprises in Great Britain. Advantages of the big bang approach; Tips for managing large software rollouts; Differentiation between step-by-step and big bang approaches to software implementation.
- GoldMine 4.0 strikes the mother lode. Arar, Yardena; McLaughlin, Laurianne // PCWorld;Apr98, Vol. 16 Issue 4, p96
Reviews the contact management software program called GoldMine 4.0 from GoldMine Software Corp. Cost; Features; Contact point; Pros; Cons.
- Balancing act. Jayne, Vicki // NZ Business;May99, Vol. 13 Issue 4, p34
Highlights the software package Balanced Scorecard, a management reporting system that aims to enhance industrial management in New Zealand developed in the United States. Areas of management improved by the system; Illustration of the use of the system by Housing New Zealand; Developers of the...
- Computer software tames the `data jungle'. Rohde, Harry // Paperboard Packaging;Apr95, Vol. 80 Issue 4, p22
Discusses the applications of a management software program to specific managerial tasks. Coordinating a business with a computer system; Tools-feedback formula; Cost accounting; Sales service; Engineering; Sales; Purchasing; Production; Shipping; Accounting; Inventory.
- One for the Money. Hounsell, Ron // Operations & Fulfillment;Jan2002, Vol. 10 Issue 1, p38
Provides advice on software selection by companies. Benefits of establishing a project team; Factors to consider in selecting a software; Tips on the preparation of a request for proposal.