Union demands action to stop bullying at work
- Union calls for law to stop bullying at work. Overell, Stephen // People Management;08/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 16, p9
Reports that industry and services union MSF is drafting a bill to make bullying at work a crime. Employment team sympathetic to the idea of MSF; Country in the European Union with social policy against bullying.
- Workplace Bullying Is a Chronic Corporate Disease. // EHS Today;Nov2012, Vol. 5 Issue 11, p26
The article reports on the prevalence of workplace bullying in the U.S.
- Study depicts widespread workplace bullying. Serghis, Dimitri // Australian Nursing Journal;May98, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p9
Presents information on a study which looked at workplace victimization in Australia. Reference to the 1997 Workplace Bullying Project by the South Australia Working Women's Centre; Percentage of women that reported being victimized by men; Age group of the persons who participated in the...
- Workplace bullying affects 48%. // Toledo Business Journal;Apr2014, Vol. 30 Issue 4, p31
The article reports that according to the Workplace Bullying Institute's (WBI) 2014 survey, 27% of all adult Americans have become victims of workplace bullying, although public awareness about the issue is increasing.
- Bullies on notice. // BRW;2/25/2010, Vol. 32 Issue 7, p57
The article provides information on the Respect at Work program, an education and enforcement program introduced by the Victorian government to eliminate bullying in the workplaces.
- Workplace harassment and the First Amendment: A reply to Professor Volokh. Oppenheimer, David Benjamin // Berkeley Journal of Employment & Labor Law;1996, Vol. 17 Issue 2, p321
Replies to the article on work place harassment and the First Amendment to the United States Constitution by Eugene Volokh. Agreement to the proposed protection of the employer under the First Amendment; Disagreement on the conflict between workplace harassment law and the right of free speech;...
- Independent Nurse: Professional - Q&A - What can I do to resolve a complaint about bullying? // GP: General Practitioner;7/9/2007, p26
The article provides an answer to a question related to bullying of a receptionist by a practice manager.
- Bullying at work is rife with one in five affected. Wigham, Ross // Personnel Today;10/8/2002, p7
Reports on the disciplinary problem of bullying in the workplace in Great Britain. Number of victims from repeated bullying; Differences in the rate of bullying; Evidence regarding the dysfunctional practice in all organizational levels.
- 'I've been accused of bullying a colleague -- but I'm just doing my job'. Daley, Hope // Community Care;10/1/2009, Issue 1789, p32
The article provides an answer to a question on how a new manager should deal when he has been accused of bullying a member of his team after he raised concerns about her poor time-keeping and poor record-keeping.