Large companies in rush to link pay with profits
- Cutting Your Salary Can Make You Money. Schnepper, Jeff A. // USA Today Magazine;May99, Vol. 127 Issue 2648, p27
Provides information on the salary reduction plan. Mechanics of the plan; Its advantages.
- More value for compensation. Verespej, Michael A. // Industry Week/IW;6/17/96, Vol. 245 Issue 12, p19
Discusses issues related to the development of compensation plans that will fit the nature of work of employees. Need for continuous improvement; Keeping workers motivated; Designing of pay-and-reward systems; Compensation structures that reflect the changing nature of work.
- Creative compensation, or wage & hour violations? McGreevy, Susan Linden // Contractor Magazine;Nov93, Vol. 40 Issue 11, p41
Scrutinizes creative compensation options and wage & hour violations. Exempt and non exempt employee categories; Employee compensation choices; Explanations on `banking' extra hours.
- Secrecy or Disclosure in Management Compensation? Thompson, Paul; Pronsky, John // Business Horizons;Jun75, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p67
Focuses on the comparison between secrecy and disclosure in a management compensation setting. Types of pay systems; Relationship between pay system and pay satisfaction; Factors contributing to the difficulty in evaluating job performance.
- 4 steps for implementing a variable pay program. // HR Specialist: Compensation & Benefits;Oct2010, Vol. 5 Issue 10, p4
The article offers tips on implementing a variable pay program in the U.S. including understanding the business goals, aligning the metrics with the strategic goals and communicating clearly with the organization.
- Leading employees through the variable pay jungle. Barksdale, Don // HR Magazine;Jul98, Vol. 43 Issue 8, p110
Focuses on the use of variable pay plans in the United States. Features of total compensation plans; Goals of share programs; Steps in creating variable pay plans; Factors influencing success of variable pay programs.
- BE&S negotiates 2013-14 wage agreement with Unite union. // Heating & Ventilating Review;Feb2013, Vol. 52 Issue 4, p6
The article presents information regarding the negotiation of wage agreement for the year 2013-2014 by the Building and Engineering Services Association (BE&S) with the trade union organization Unite.
- Staff pay policies that work. Denning, Jeffrey J. // Medical Economics;7/25/2003, Vol. 80 Issue 14, p25
Focuses on ways to make payroll decisions. Need for offering of competitive pay, benefits and working conditions to get the best employees; Computation of internal relative values; Ways of dealing with pay raises. INSETS: Using RVUs to calculate wages.;Year-end benefits statement..
- Perks for lucky staff. // Employee Benefits;Oct2005, p9
Reports on the plan of gambling website 888.com to offer staff an incentive share scheme as part of its public offering in Great Britain.