Setting a shining example
- Sun Life settles class action suit in Canada. Bell, Allison // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;7/14/1997, Vol. 101 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada's announcement of its agreement to a $65 million class action settlement. Number of customers this settlement would affect; Customers which the settlement includes; Comments from Charles Wright, a London, Ontario lawyer; Selection of the...
- Capital forbearance: Depression-era experience of life insurance companies. Kryzanowsky, Lawrence; Roberts, Gordon S. // Canadian Journal of Administrative Sciences (Canadian Journal of;Mar1998, Vol. 15 Issue 1, p1
Reports on the insolvency of the multinational Sun Life Assurance Co. at market values in the 1930s due to diminution in value of common stocks investments. Insolvency of insurance competitors due to marking of asset portfolios to the market rates; Misrepresentation of technical solvency by...
- Sun Life Insurance offers two fixed annuity products. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jun95, Vol. 96 Issue 2, p77
Reports on Los Angeles, Calif.-based Life Insurance Co. of America's launching of two fixed annuity products. Features of the annuity products; Contact information.
- Sun Life of Canada designs UL for deferred comp. Koco, Linda // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;8/15/94, Vol. 98 Issue 33, p13
Reports on the Sun Universal Life-PRO from Sun Life of Canada. Coverage of the policy; Growth in the deferred company market; Riders included in the policy; Reasons of Sun Life for not marketing the PRO as a pension plan.
- Sun Life of Canada readies plan to rev up bank sales. Garmhausen, Stephen // American Banker;3/17/1998, Vol. 163 Issue 51, p11
Reports that a program aimed at boosting sales of its estate planning and business insurance products through banks, is being developed by the United States (US) arm of Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada. Information on Sun Life; Comments from Kathy Sarvary, national sales director for...
- Sun life latest to opt for demutualization. Connoly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;2/2/98, Vol. 102 Issue 5, p3
Reports on the announcement by Sun Life Assurance Company of Canada to demutualize. Reference to other Canadian firms who announced such plans; Reasons for the demutualization; Comments from Sun Life's chief financial officer and senior vice president, Michael Hansley; Background information on...
- Sun Life widens product lines in banks. Fraser, Katharine // American Banker;7/25/1997, Vol. 162 Issue 142, p10
Reports that Sun Life Assurance of Canada is gearing up to pitch policies through private banks and trust companies.
- New sun life variable annuity offers multiple bonus options for beneficiaries. Wagley, John // Bank Investment Consultant;Feb2000, Vol. 8 Issue 2, p22
Features Sun Life of Canada's variable annuity (VA), called the Futurity Accolade VA, that offers multiple bonus options for beneficiaries. Unique features of the VA; Options offered by the VA to beneficiaries; Bonus credit options provided by the VA.
- Uncharted waters. WHITE, SCOTT; FULLER, WALTER; DUGAN, TIMOTHY // Internal Auditor;Feb99, Vol. 56 Issue 1, p55
Focuses on the internal audit practices of Sun Life of Canada in Toronto, Ontario. Management priorities of the company; Cash audit preparations; Evaluation of business goals.