Health and safety
- Introduction. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);9/5/2008, Issue 451, p1
The article discusses various reports published within the issue, including the nature of an exciting, attractive-to-everyone form of Reason, Exuberance and Liberty (REAL) wellness programming and strategies for effective worksite wellness.
- Making Fitness Pay. KONRAD, WALECIA // Money;Jun2013, Vol. 42 Issue 5, p20
The article reports that, increasingly, U.S. companies are rewarding or punishing employees based on measurable changes to their physical wellness, discussing financial incentives and asking one's doctor to help one make an appropriate wellness plan if the company-offered one isn't right for one.
- Welcome to the 505th Edition. // Electronic Ardell Wellness Report (E-AWR);10/23/2009, Issue 505, p1
The article discusses several articles published within the issue including "Die Gedanken Sind Frei: REAL Wellness, Liberty and the White Rose Society," one about lawyer Robert G. Ingersoll's remarks on a theater, and another on a worksite wellness program in California.
- Health and safety. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p15
Highlights employee health and safety issues in the United Kingdom. Complaint of the trades union congress regarding the growth in occupational ill-health; Start of the safety program for the Metropolitan Police; Number of officers who will join the program.
- Awards for firms that commit to getting fit. Evans, Jill // People Management;10/10/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 20, p53
Focuses on the winners of the 1997 Working for Health awards in Great Britain and provides information on how they are using their workplace to promote healthier lifestyle. Health promotion initiatives and programs of industrial textile manufacturer Don and Low; Health promotion facilities of...
- Plan brings county savings. Szalai, Georg // Business Insurance;07/13/98, Vol. 32 Issue 28, p3
Reports on the expansion of pilot program established to increase the health and productivity of workers in San Bernardino County, California. San Bernardino County's expansion of the program in April, 1998; Measures use to facilitate this expansion; Comment from Dr. Phillip Polakoff, president...
- Fit to work. Downey, Angela M. // Business Quarterly;Winter96, Vol. 61 Issue 2, p69
Focuses on the importance of promoting health in the workplace. Increase in productivity of employees who are healthy; Reduction of people's use of the primary health care system; Control of employee benefit costs; Characteristics of excellent wellness programs.
- Indiana Well-Workplace Guide. // Indiana Business Magazine;Jun2003 Supplement, Vol. 47 Issue 6, p8
Present the workplace wellness program guide in Indiana.
- Council wants to promote employee `wellness' concept. Reed, Vita // Las Vegas Business Press;04/10/2000, Vol. 17 Issue 14, p6
Reports on the Southern Nevada Wellness Council's plans to promote employee wellness in the state. Business and agencies which banded to form the organization; Mission of the council; Results of studies of employee wellness in the state.
- 9 to 5 fitness. Ludwig, Susan F. // Swim Magazine;Jul/Aug94, Vol. 10 Issue 4, p30
Reports on the employee fitness centers at different companies. Johnson Wax; Land's End; Hershey; TRW.