Retailer defends its alternative to NVQ framework
- Being Green: Retail Maverick Builds an Empire. Conti, Samantha // WWD: Women's Wear Daily;3/24/2003, Vol. 185 Issue 59, p16
Profiles billionaire and British Homes Stores chain owner Philip Green. Filing of a bid proposal for Safeway PLC; Business philosophy; Views on industry trends; Personal background.
- Bhs seeks a web agency in bid to halt falling sales. // Marketing (00253650);1/13/2000, p4
Reports on developments related to Great Britain-based retailer British Home Stores as of January 13, 2000.
- Burma success. // New Internationalist;Dec96, Issue 286, p4
Reports on the Burma Action Group's boycott campaign against British Home Stores (BHS) for its import of products from Burma. BHS' response to the boycott.
- BHS explores Oxford Street sale. Rolt, Amber // Estates Gazette;11/7/2015, Issue 888, p03
The article reports the move by British Home Stores (BHS) as of early November 2015 to assess a possible sale of the long-leasehold of its Oxford Street, W1, flagship store in London, England.
- BHS lines up Oxford Street sublets. Rolt, Amber // Estates Gazette;11/21/2015, Issue 890, p03
The article reports that the department store chain British Home Stores (BHS) has secured deals to sublease the retail element of its flagship shop in London, England.
- Untitled. Rolt, Amber // Estates Gazette;2/13/2016, Issue 903, p1
The article reports that British retail store chain British Home Stores (BHS) is planning a overhaul of its struggling business that will led to mass store closures.
- Chappell arrest in BHS tax investigation. Holt, Natalie // Money Marketing;11/17/2016, p12
The article reports on the arrest of Dominic Chappell, former owner of retail chain British Home Stores (BHS), as part of the tax investigation after the break down of the retailer.
- Bhs looks to turn tide under new leadership. // Marketing (00253650);4/6/2000, p7
Reports on businessman Philip Green's role in revitalizing his acquired retail chain, British Home Stores. Business losses incurred; Green's business recovery plans; Background on Green's acquisition of the store chain from Storehouse.
- Untitled. Mason, Karen // Estates Gazette;5/14/2016, Issue 927, p1
The article reports on British Home Stores (BHS), a household name which goes into administration in Great Britain. Topics discussed include the number of jobs that will be lost and how many stores will be closed; why many landlords already have been working on plans to remove these ailing...