Reaping benefits from development
- Reaping benefits from development. Terry, Angela; Hadland, Martin // People Management;7/27/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p30
Deals with Benefits Agency's strategy of employee empowerment in Great Britain. Development program undergone by the senior managers at Benefits Agency; Survey on how senior managers felt about their own development; Services offered at Benefits Agency.
- Benefits Agency form to change. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);08/23/97, Vol. 315 Issue 7106, p446
Reports on Great Britain's Benefits Agency's redesigning of the IB113 form to make it simpler and quicker for doctors to handle.
- Benefits boss denies scale of error. // Public Finance;10/15/93, p2
Cites the alleged inaccuracy in reports regarding Great Britain's Benefits Agency's error in paying income support in 1992/93. Publication of the report in the `Guardian' newspaper; Alleged rift between the agency and the National Audit Office (NAO).
- Benefits Agency errors total 672 million pounds. // Public Finance;10/28/94, p4
Reports on the errors of the Great Britain Benefits Agency in the payment of income support claims. Qualification of the agency's income support account; Overall error level.
- Income support fraud detection losing out. // Public Finance;02/16/96, p6
Reports on Benefits Agency attempts to cut income support fraud by funneling resources into fraud detection being hampered by Treasury spending rules. Labour Member of Parliament Alan Williams questioning of officials on the numbers of agency staff devoted to detecting fraud; Social security...
- Industrial injury benefit for occupational asthma in north east of England. Stenton, S.C.; Sandhu, P.S. // BMJ: British Medical Journal (International Edition);5/20/95, Vol. 310 Issue 6990, p1299
Presents data on occupational asthma claimants presented to Newcastle, England's office of the Benefits Agency Medical Service over a one year period after October 1991. Estimated annual cases of occupational asthma; Profile on the claimants; Agents suspected of causing occupational asthma;...
- Benefits Agency gives out ...1bn in error. Harding, David // Public Finance;01/21/2000, p6
Reports on the amount of inaccurate income support and jobseekers allowance payments given out by Great Britain's Benefits Agency. Figures on inaccurate payments published by the National Audit Office; Increase in inaccurate payments made by the agency.
- Councils slam fraud investigation delays. // Public Finance;06/07/96, p2
States that the British Benefits Agency is launching an inquiry into claims that some of its offices are failing to act on fraud tip-offs from local authorities. Estimated amount lost on fraud; Requirements on councils that find evidence on housing and council tax benefit fraud.
- Benefits Agency shamed by the error of its ways. Mack, Tom // Public Finance;01/08/99, p6
Reports on the inaccurate income support payments paid out by Great Britain's Benefits Agency. Inaccuracies of the agency as reported by the National Audit Office; Failure of the agency to tackle fraud.