Merger creates `once in a lifetime opportunity'
- Global Dialogue Forum on Vocational Education and Training (Geneva, 29-30 September 2010). // Official Bulletin: Series A;2011, Vol. 94 Issue 1, p25
Information about several consensuses adopted on Global Dialogue Forum on Vocational Education and Training which was held during September 29-30, 2010 in Geneva, Switzerland is presented. The points of consensus include defining workload in technical and vocational education and training (TVET)...
- NEWS AND NOTES. // Journal of Applied Psychology;Feb35, Vol. 19 Issue 1, p221
The article offers world news briefs related to vocational education. The U.S. Commision of Education has announced its proposal to aid about 2 million unemployed youth. The International Society of Experimental Phonetics will hold a meeting on July 25, 1935 in London, England. The Child...
- Address of Welcome. Cole, Samuel Valentine // Education;Apr1918, Vol. 38 Issue 8, p560
The article presents the address of Samuel Valentine Cole at the Second Intercollegiate Conference on Vocational Opportunities for Women held on March ate Conference on Vocational Opportunities for Women held on March 7, 1917 at Wheaton College in Norton, Massachusetts. According to Cole, there...
- Merger creates `once in a lifetime opportunity' Littlefield, David // People Management;07/27/95, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p14
Provides information on the topics discussed in Tec National Council conference in 1995. Merger of education and the employment departments; Description of the proposed structure of another training policy; Training reforms proposal of Christopher Ball of Tec learning department.
- The dual system of vocational education in the Federal Republic of Germany. Kutscha, Gunther // European Education;Summer96, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p49
Focuses on the dual system of vocational education in Germany. Defects of the system; Recommendation for the establishment of structural changes in the system; Future of the vocational training system.
- Companies need to account for continual training. Crain, Keith // Crain's Detroit Business;09/30/96, Vol. 12 Issue 40, p10
Opinion. States that companies should offer continual training, because jobs will always be changing, particularly technology. Need for continual education; How important education will become.
- Rockland BOCES learns 'skills' of Orange-Ulster. Duvoli, John // Hudson Valley Business Journal;06/21/99-06/28/99, Vol. 10 Issue 3, p3
Reports that Rockland and Orange-Ulster BOCES have formed an alliance aimed at seeing the Rockland, New York-based vocational agency open a shopping center-based school for underemployed adults and high school students. Possible sites for the project; Number of adults served by BOCES every...
- Job training program sets its sights on construction. Russell // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);11/15/99, Vol. 20 Issue 21, p18
Focuses on the New Orleans Jobs Initiative (NOJI), a job training program in Louisiana. Financial support from Annie E. Casey Foundation; Role of NOJI in preparing low income people for jobs that support a family; Difficulties encountered by participants; Plans to add training in the health...
- TRAINING COURSES. // Commercial Motor;9/18/2008, Vol. 208 Issue 5298, p33
A list of courses for drivers and managers including training on managing O-license, reading digitach solutions and tacho fitter is presented.