Psychometric test users go under survey's microscope
- Psychometric test users go under survey's microscope. Baillie, John // People Management;7/27/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p49
Assesses the quality of psychometric testing of applicants in organizations in the United Kingdom. How to ensure the validity of psychometric testing; Information about the survey of occupational test practices; Testing of the survey's results against the practical reality of achieving many of...
- Testing applicants for the right stuff. Parent, Tawn // New Orleans CityBusiness (1994 to 2008);8/14/95, Vol. 16 Issue 6, p1
Focuses on the significance of personality testing in employee recruitment. Selection of job types suitable to the applicants' personalities; Importance of selecting the right applicants for maximum business benefits; Savings and convenience provided by using tests for employee recruitment.
- Union View of Psychological Testing. Burns, John E. // Industrial Management;Nov68, Vol. 10 Issue 11, p19
Reports on the increase in the industry's use of psychological tests in the hiring of workers. Analysis of the tests and testing procedures; Discussion of the claims made for the tests' value, validity and reliability; Definition of psychological tests as a systematic procedure for comparing...
- Weekly dilemma physical and mental examinations. Berrimen, Michael // Personnel Today;10/20/2009, p2
The article provides an answer to a question on the legality of physical and mental examination of an applicant during the interview for the recruitment to the post of sales director.
- Employers put trust in testing. Postman, Lore // Indianapolis Business Journal;04/07/97, Vol. 18 Issue 3, p19A
Deals with the effectiveness of psychological tests in employee selection. Identification of the qualities the employer is looking for; Selection of the candidate most fitted with the current employees; Question construction for the identification of patterns; Legal protection against hiring...
- Honesty tests flawed. // People Management;1/23/1997, Vol. 3 Issue 2, p15
Reports that flaws have been found in psychological tests used to determine employee honesty in Great Britain. Questions that could penalize honest respondents.
- Striking back. Lynn, Jacquelyn // Entrepreneur;Jun95, Vol. 23 Issue 6, p56
Discusses the impact of domestic violence on an employee effecting the workplace. Findings of a research by Jude Miller, senior director of operations, Optum Medical and Human Risk Management Services.
- Employment tests: Fair or unfair discrimination? // Management Review;Aug80, Vol. 69 Issue 8, p50
Focuses on the controversy of the use of psychological tests for selection and promotion of personnel of companies in the U.S. Ways of defining and measuring success on jobs; Discrimination of the validity of the tests; Aid of employment tests in placing qualified personnel on jobs suited for...
- Why use psychological assessment? // Management;Feb96, Vol. 43 Issue 1, p29
Reports on the role of psychological assessment of employees in an organization. Identification of individual abilities and potentials; Improvement of staff performance.