Health and safety
- How can you be sure your employees are fit for work? Palmer, Keith // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p51
Relates the difficulty in assessing the fitness of job applicants. Criticism on the questions that are asked during the pre-employment stage; Indicators of deep-seated problems in the individual or workplace; Role of occupational medicine on health while at work.
- Health round-up. // People Management;05/18/95, Vol. 1 Issue 10, p51
Features several health issues on employment in Britain. Legal developments on the case involving Walker and Johnstone in Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD) conference; Reference guide on mental health among employees from Interagency Mental Health Group; Information booklet on how...
- Health and safety. // People Management;7/27/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p11
Discusses issues involving the health and safety of employees in United Kingdom. Case filed by Beryl Roe on smoky council offices; Survey examining the growth of workplace violence.
- Health and safety. // People Management;08/24/95, Vol. 1 Issue 17, p12
Presents news on health and safety in the British workplace. Campaign for workers exposed to asbestos to be compensated properly; Launching of an investigation of an accident last August 1, 1995 that lead to the death of construction workers.
- Caring for expat staff in sickness and health. Cox, Robin // People Management;02/08/96, Vol. 2 Issue 3, p46
Explains how companies which send employees overseas can ensure the health of their employees during and after assignments. Things which company doctors must know and be prepared to do; Importance of disease prevention for overseas workers; Difference in the medical examination for...
- Worker knowledge low on key health issues. Kazel, Robert // Business Insurance;01/26/98, Vol. 32 Issue 4, p3
Presents information on a study which focused on employees' knowledge of health issues in the United States. Description of methodology used; Findings of the study.
- In good voice. Duignan, Kieran // Occupational Health;Mar2003, Vol. 55 Issue 3, p25
Looks at the hazards to staff health associated with the use of the voice at work, and the responsibilities of employers to control them. Things involve in the standard of care; Scale of voice problems at work; Discussion on managing voice hazards.
- Programs educate employees on health, cut costs. Greenwald, Judy // Business Insurance;2/21/94, Vol. 28 Issue 8, p3
Reports on employer programs that educate employees on health. Approaches to reduce employers' medical costs; Education of employees on health care issues; Information offered by the programs to employees; Other health educational tools used by employers; Benefits to the employer.
- Program fights workplace depression. // Personnel Journal;Dec95, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p26
Focuses on annual cost of workplace depression. Estimated cost; Details on training program for employee depression; Contact points.