- Six federal laws you need to remember. // Workforce;Jan97 Supplement Tools, Vol. 76, p4
Outlines the six federal laws which will help in defending the company against the costly trend. Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964; Civil Rights Act of 1991; The Americans with Disabilities Act; The Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA); The Age Discrimination in Employment Act (ADEA);...
- Employee relations. // People Management;07/27/95, Vol. 1 Issue 15, p5
Discusses various topics involving employees in Great Britain. Merger of Inland Revenue Staff Federation and the National Union of Civil and Public Servants; Moves of various companies to stop rail and London Underground strikes; Survey on temporary work or fixes-term contracts of various companies.
- International. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p16
Highlights news concerning the welfare of employees in Europe. Issues tackled by the Irish minister at the launching of the Institute of Personnel and Development program of events; Elected president of the International Health Policy and Management Institute in Stockholm; European court...
- Pay and benefits. // People Management;03/07/96, Vol. 2 Issue 5, p9
Presents news and information affecting pay and benefits of employees in United Kingdom. Account on the pay offered by Ford to its manual workers; Consultation of unions representing the public sector with members on local government pay talks; Account on the Inland Revenue; Barclay staff...
- Employee relations. // People Management;07/11/96, Vol. 2 Issue 14, p6
Reports on issues affecting the lives and conditions of employees in Britain. Signing of recognition deal between the public service union Unison and the British Federation of Care Home Proprietors; Strike conducted by the drivers' union Aslef regarding disputes over working hours; Signing of...
- Employee relations. // People Management;03/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p9
Presents news concerning employee relations and activities in Britain. Inventor's rate on HR; Praise for top United Kingdom firms; Red Nose Day at work; Acas abandonment of an experiment; Warning to investors from Institute of Personnel and Development (IPD).
- Transfers of businesses raise several problems. Howlings, Judith // People Management;03/06/97, Vol. 3 Issue 5, p53
Presents questions and answers regarding the Transfer of Undertaking (Protection of Employment) Regulations 1981 (TUPE) in Britain. Terms and conditions of TUPE; Consultation of employers under TUPE; Application of TUPE on employers.
- Employed Persons in the United States, by Occupation and Sex, 1997-98. // World Almanac & Book of Facts;2000, p146
No abstract available.
- Older (Often Unhappy) Workers Share Their opinions. // Credit Union Journal;1/6/2003, Vol. 7 Issue 1, p6
Presents the findings of a study conducted by the Conference Board which reveals that American employers are working longer than they should. Severance package offered to older workers; Job intensity of matured workers.