News and analysis
- News and analysis. // People Management;2/22/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p11
Reports on the number of employees that have been transferred from the public sector to the first private firm to operate passenger trains for 50 years. Function of Stagecoach company; Claim issued by Aslef, train drivers' union.
- A fairly contracted process. McMullen, John // People Management;9/27/2001, Vol. 7 Issue 19, p18
Looks at the issues concerning the consultation paper on Great Britain's Transfer of Undertakings Protection of Employment (TUPE) Regulations 1981, which deals with workers' rights on privatization and contracting-out in the public sector. Information on government's plan to apply the Cabinet...
- TUPE confusion halts public/private progress. // Personnel Today;5/27/2003, p1
Attempts of the government in Great Britain to use the private sector to deliver public services are being undermined by its failure to clarify the law protecting staff terms and conditions when they are transferred between organizations, as of July 2003. Exclusive research by Pinsents reveals...
- WEEK IN REVIEW. // Crain's Detroit Business;12/17/2007, Vol. 23 Issue 51, p22
The article presents news briefs from various business sectors in Detroit, Michigan. About 500 Michigan employees of American Communications Network Corp. will either move or be displaced by the company's decision to consolidate U.S. operations in Concord, North Carolina. The tax rate MGM Grand...
- Corporate Execs Find A New Home In PE. Holman, Kelly // Investment Dealers' Digest;7/24/2009, Vol. 75 Issue 28, p1
The article discusses the career moves of seasoned corporate and financial service C-suite managers. It is mentioned that many of these managers are finding a new home in the private equity for 2009. In addition, these corporate executives have a rich list of business contacts which may be able...
- Managing the white space. // Getting Results...For the Hands-on Manager: Office Edition;Sep96, Vol. 41 Issue 9, p8
Discusses the ways to manage white spaces in a business organization or employees transferred to positions left by employees who resigned or were laid off. Encouragement of staff for the assumption into the white space; Recognition of the unattended areas; Creation of cross-functional teams.
- A move in the right direction. Kruger, Pamela // Parenting;Dec97/Jan98, Vol. 11 Issue 10, p78
States that according to a 1997 Atlas Van Lines survey of 165 companies 75 percent of employees cite family ties as the main reason they declined a transfer to another city. Information on the results of the mover's 1996 survey.
- Job rotation is key to success. // USA Today Magazine;Apr95, Vol. 123 Issue 2599, p9
Discusses the benefits of job rotation. Usefulness during downsizing; Respect for employee who has held many positions; Getting the skills needed for promotions; Investment in employees' development.
- Media people. // National Journal;8/23/97, Vol. 29 Issue 34/35, p1703
Reports on the transfer of Stuart Auerbach from the `Washington Post' to Media Development Loan Fund. Purpose of the Media Development; Job of Stuart at `Washington Post.'