Apprenticeships win NTAs for first time
- Apprenticeship take-up exceeds national target. Arkin, Anat // People Management;9/7/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p16
Scrutinizes the take up rate for modern apprenticeship before the launching of the prototype programs/scheme. Recruitment targets of training and enterprise councils (Tecs); Percentage of apprentices on prototypes; Sexual distribution in modern apprenticeship target by Wiltshire Tec.
- Apprenticeships win NTAs for first time. Whitfield, Martin // People Management;2/22/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p13
Discusses the modern apprenticeships featured in the government-sponsored National Training Awards in Britain. Scope of the awards given to employers and individuals; Recipient of the award for the best modern apprenticeship industry framework; Award given to Kalon group; Special award for the...
- Apprenticeships skills for success. Smith, Greg // Career World;Mar1996, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p15
Focuses on apprenticeships in the United States. Definition of apprenticeships; Skills to be learned during apprenticeship; Starting an apprenticeship program. INSETS: Laws that protect.;A success story..
- German job training: A success story at risk. Walker, Ruth // Christian Science Monitor;1/22/97, Vol. 89 Issue 39, p9
Reports on the German apprenticeship system, focusing on problems being experienced by the system. Problems being experienced by the program; Appealing characteristics of the German program; Support for a similar style program in the United States; Why the program has been a success in Germany.
- Geezer apprentices. Olsztynski, Jim // PHC Profit Report;5/15/96, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p8
Reports that effective May 8, 1996, apprenticeship programs are no longer exempt from the United States Federal Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
- Skills passport. // Youth Studies Australia;Dec1996, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
Reports that a skills passport will be introduced for apprentices as part of Australia's overhaul of training and apprenticeships.
- Queueing up for a Quartz qualification. // Management Today;Mar97, p70
Focuses on the Quartz program of three- and four-year Modern Apprenticeships initiated by BP Chemicals' Saltend plant in Great Britain. Application of pressure on the older staff to change their attitudes; Impact of a shift to multi-skilling on processing plants; Benefits from a good training...
- Apprenticeship. Houghton, William // Commonweal;6/2/95, Vol. 122 Issue 11, p31
Presents the author's experiences while training as an apprentice for various jobs. Boredom experienced in the routine of classroom work; Guidance from Jesuit mentors; Factory work taken to finance college studies; Challenges encountered while deciding on a lifetime career.
- Training and new blood in the craft trades sector. Thomas, Volker // European Education;Summer96, Vol. 28 Issue 2, p45
Discusses apprenticeship programs and the impact of handicraft training of young people in Germany. Advantages of apprenticeship programs; Skill categories in handicrafts trade; Evaluation of the program.