Apprenticeships win NTAs for first time
- Apprenticeship take-up exceeds national target. Arkin, Anat // People Management;9/7/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 18, p16
Scrutinizes the take up rate for modern apprenticeship before the launching of the prototype programs/scheme. Recruitment targets of training and enterprise councils (Tecs); Percentage of apprentices on prototypes; Sexual distribution in modern apprenticeship target by Wiltshire Tec.
- Apprenticeships win NTAs for first time. Whitfield, Martin // People Management;2/22/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p13
Discusses the modern apprenticeships featured in the government-sponsored National Training Awards in Britain. Scope of the awards given to employers and individuals; Recipient of the award for the best modern apprenticeship industry framework; Award given to Kalon group; Special award for the...
- Apprenticeships skills for success. Smith, Greg // Career World;Mar1996, Vol. 24 Issue 6, p15
Focuses on apprenticeships in the United States. Definition of apprenticeships; Skills to be learned during apprenticeship; Starting an apprenticeship program. INSETS: Laws that protect.;A success story..
- German job training: A success story at risk. Walker, Ruth // Christian Science Monitor;1/22/97, Vol. 89 Issue 39, p9
Reports on the German apprenticeship system, focusing on problems being experienced by the system. Problems being experienced by the program; Appealing characteristics of the German program; Support for a similar style program in the United States; Why the program has been a success in Germany.
- Metalworking apprentice program expands to their technologies. // Curriculum Review;Jan1994, Vol. 33 Issue 5, p18
Reports on the Youth Apprenticeship Program in Pennsylvania. Apprenticeship of students to participating employers; Benefits of the program derived by the students; Features of the program; Industries involved; Contact information.
- Fontana sets a good example. // Plastics News;3/24/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p10
Focuses on owner of Prestige Mold Incorporated Mike Koebel and teacher William Clarke's mold-making apprenticeship program at Fontana High School in Los Angeles, California. How Koebel's company stand to benefit from the Fontana Project; Update on the Fontana Project given at the SPI Molders &...
- High school training future toolmakers. Grace, Robert // Plastics News;3/24/1997, Vol. 9 Issue 4, p22
Reports that Mike Koebel, owner of Prestige Mold Incorporated, an employee mold shop in California, and Fontana High School teacher, William Clarke created an apprenticeship program designed to high school students in the mold-building profession. Grant awarded to the Fontana Project by the...
- Geezer apprentices. Olsztynski, Jim // PHC Profit Report;5/15/96, Vol. 4 Issue 10, p8
Reports that effective May 8, 1996, apprenticeship programs are no longer exempt from the United States Federal Age Discrimination in Employment Act.
- Skills passport. // Youth Studies Australia;Dec1996, Vol. 15 Issue 4, p6
Reports that a skills passport will be introduced for apprentices as part of Australia's overhaul of training and apprenticeships.