Recruitment and selection/equal opportunities
- Employee relations. // People Management;10/05/95, Vol. 1 Issue 20, p7
Deals with employee relations in the United Kingdom. Car firms that are to be targeted in a union drive for a cut in the working week across the motor industry; When the procedures to repatriate employees working abroad should start; Jobs inquisition launched by church leaders.
- Recruitment and selection/equal opportunities. // People Management;2/22/1996, Vol. 2 Issue 4, p11
Discusses the ways and methods of recruitment and equal opportunities for employees regardless of race in Britain. Call for the employment of more university graduates, particulary in small and medium-sized firms; Reward for recruiting soldiers for the British military; Disadvantage of a...
- Domestics in Middle East face widespread exploitation, abuse. Yeranian, Edward // Christian Science Monitor;5/6/97, Vol. 89 Issue 112, p7
Reports on the inhumane way in which foreign servants and maids are treated by employers in the Middle East. `Invisibility' of female domestic workers which allows employers the opportunity to evade labor legislation; Case of a Filipina maid who killed her employer while he was attempting to...
- Negotiating public space: Strategies and styles of migrant female domestic workers in Singapore. Yeoh, Brenda S.A.; Huang, Shirlena // Urban Studies (Routledge);Mar98, Vol. 35 Issue 3, p583
Examines the ways in which immigrant female domestic workers obtain access to public spaces in Singapore. Demand for domestic workers in Singapore; Public sphere as a proscribed space; Public sphere as contested space.
- Kuwait: Asian household workers abused. // Women's International Network News;Spring92, Vol. 18 Issue 2, p53
Cites a `USA Today' article on abused Asian household workers in Kuwait, published on March 5, 1992. How employment agencies run rings around the Philippine government order barring the recruitment of its citizens in Kuwait; Incidents of beatings and rapes reported to the Philippine Embassy.
- Work hard--but smart. Baskerville, Dawn M.; Clarke, Caroline V. // Black Enterprise;Feb1994, Vol. 24 Issue 7, p59
Looks at some of the characteristics of peak performers, according to Charles Garfield. Internal mission; Goal setting; Job enjoyment; Differences between peak performers and workaholics; More.
- Contingent and alternative work arrangements, defined. Polivka, Anne E. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct96, Vol. 119 Issue 10, p3
Discusses the definitions of contingent workers and alternative work arrangements used by the Bureau of Labor Statistics to analyze data from a special supplement to the Current Population Survey (CPS). Estimates of the number of workers in each group; Brief information about contingent work...
- Entry into and consequences of nonstandard work arrangements. Rothstein, Donna S. // Monthly Labor Review;Oct96, Vol. 119 Issue 10, p75
Explores the impact on workers aged 29 through 37 of being in a nonstandard employment arrangement. Distribution of workers among various employment arrangements; Aspects of behavior and life events that influenced the likelihood of working in a nonstandard arrangement.
- Who are the working poor? Schiller, Bradley // Public Interest;Spring94, Issue 115, p61
Examines the `working poor' problem in the United States. Coexistence of work and poverty; Development of broad range of worker security proposals; Extensions of welfare state; Exclusion of in-kind transfers and capital gains from official poverty count; Designation of family size; Measurement...