Life insurance Roll-outs: Cash for current needs
- Financial guaranty proposal draws insurers' ire. // Best's Review / Life-Health Insurance Edition;Jul94, Vol. 95 Issue 3, p57
Reports on a proposal in the New York State Legislature that could increase the number of insurers in the corporate pension market. Issuance of guaranteed investment contract; Opposition from life insurers.
- Life insurers lose antitrust immunity. // Business Insurance;6/19/95, Vol. 29 Issue 25, p17
Reports on the California Supreme Court's decision that life insurers are subject to liability under antitrust and unfair business practice laws.
- Vote due on stripped-down insurance reform bill in Pa. King, Carole // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;6/13/94, Vol. 98 Issue 24, p3
Reports on the result of insurance industry's lobbying effort on Pennsylvania Gov. Robert P. Casey's Life Insurance Marketing and Sales Reform Act. Disclosure of commissions and other expenses; Prohibitions against agents' preparing illustrations; Reporting requirements; Views of the Insurance...
- Only small changes in the life market. // International Insurance Monitor;1994 4th Quarter, Vol. 48 Issue 4, p17
Reports on the changes in the Czech Republic's life insurance market following the passage of the insurance law allowing foreign-owned companies to enter the market in 1992. Dominance of the state-owned Ceska Pojistovna in the market; Companies that have entered the market; Total premium income...
- Full senate considering Velella bill to remove current restrictions in New York, limiting right... // Insurance Advocate;05/03/97, Vol. 108 Issue 18, p3
Reports on a bill that would remove some of the competitive inequities of the Insurance Law by eliminating language that prohibits a domestic life insurance company from organizing, acquiring or holding a subsidiary or asset which engages in fiduciary activities, backed by US Senate Insurance...
- NAIC readies a new draft on nonforfeiture benefits. Connolly, Jim // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;12/09/96, Vol. 100 Issue 50, p3
Reports that insurance regulators in the United States are in the process of preparing a reformed draft, which examines how an approach to life nonforfeiture benefits can be developed. Draft to be discussed at the meeting of the National Association of Insurance Commissioners (NAIC) in Atlanta,...
- Proceeds of insurance policies transferred in merger not included in executive estate. // Practical Accountant;Jan94, Vol. 27 Issue 1, p12
Reports that proceeds of life insurance are included in a decedent's gross estate if the decedent transfers any incidents of ownership in the policy at any time during the three-year period before decedent's death. Application in the suit concerning the estate of former Pioneer Food Industries...
- Industry Faces Busy Agenda In Congress. Brostoff, Steven // National Underwriter / Life & Health Financial Services;9/8/2003, Vol. 107 Issue 36, p42
Focuses on the preparation of the life insurance industry over the legislative agenda involving pension reform, taxation, privacy and insurance regulatory reform for 2003 in the U.S. Establishment of incentives for retirees; Reformation of lifetime annuity; Extension of the treatment of...
- Debtors can no longer shield property through insurance. Efroymson, Henry A. // Indianapolis Business Journal;1/9/95, Vol. 15 Issue 42, p31
Comments on the court ruling which found that Indiana's creditor claims exemption for a prepaid life insurance policy is unconstitutional. Details of Indiana's insurance exemption statute; Details from the case; Implications; Concerns.