- Dignity and work. Frederickson, H. George // PA Times;Apr98, Vol. 21 Issue 4, p5
Focuses on employees killing other employees or committing suicide. What this grossly aberrant behavior is called; Identification of some cases where this behavior occurred; Information on the aspects that can assist employees to commit this act.
- Recent legal decisions affect you. Barlow, Wayne E.; Hatch, D. Diane // Personnel Journal;Dec95, Vol. 74 Issue 12, p105
Presents information on the effects of different legal decisions. Information on revised guidance of Americans with Disabilities Act; Terminated employees with drug activity not protected by Americans with Disabilities Act; Details of procedure for sex discrimination lawsuits; More.
- High murder rate for working women. // Women's International Network News;Autumn93, Vol. 19 Issue 4, p76
Reports on the murder rate for working women in the United States. Statistics; Types of crimes.
- A stress-free workplace is in everyone's best interests. Wynn-Evans, Charles // People Management;4/20/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 8, p47
Cites several court cases filed regarding the failure of employers to deal with stressful situations at work. Walker versus Northumberland County Council (1994); Johnstone versus Bloomsbury Health Authority (1991); Petch versus Customs and Excise (1993).
- McDonald's not lovin' it after teen harassment settlement. // HR Specialist: New Jersey Employment Law;Dec2010, Vol. 5 Issue 12, p5
The article offers information on the harassment lawsuit filed for a male teenager who once worked at McDonald's franchise in Perth Amboy.
- Run for your life. Pundyk, Grace // New Internationalist;May98, Issue 301, p35
Comments on problems experienced by migrant domestic workers in Kuwait. Information on the abuse of workers by employers; Identification of injustices against domestic workers; Statements from AT Ismael, First Secretary of Labor in Kuwait; Establishment of safe houses for domestic workers.
- BPO Worker from Manipur Killed. // India -- West;7/25/2014, Vol. 39 Issue 36, pA34
The article reports on a 29-year-old man employed at a business process outsourcing company who was beaten to death in Kitla Mubarakpur area in New Delhi, India.
- Cheated Indian Women Workers Stranded in Saudi Arabia. // News India Times;8/22/2014, Vol. 45 Issue 34, p22
The article reports on the Indian women workers in Saudi Arabia that was victims of fake recruitment agencies.
- Negligent employers face charges of manslaughter. Whitfield, Martin // People Management;8/10/1995, Vol. 1 Issue 16, p7
Evaluates the need to enhance the implementation of corporate manslaughter with company related deaths of employees in Great Britain. Proposed reforms by the Law Commission; Why directors and companies rarely faced proceedings for manslaughter; First company and director to be convicted of...